I need help deciding if these pellets are good for a 6-week-old rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The protein, fat and fiber look about right. It is alfalfa based which is fine. I don’t see corn as an ingredient but I see cane molasses (sugar). If you are changing this. bunny’s diet then go real slow on starting it on a new feed. Youngsters are very susceptible to gut issues with sudden changes. Give the rabbit plenty of hay.

no it is not really good . all that wheat germ bran,wheat flour and vegetable oil is wheat oil. in nature they didn't eat wheat. only by accident. and it makes that your rabiit didn't want gras/hay and natural herbs. i only give them meadow menu, from Rosewood Naturals. If you give them only this they will like it very much . and stay very very healthy.1600189261471.png

no it is not really good . all that wheat germ bran,wheat flour and vegetable oil is wheat oil. in nature they didn't eat wheat. only by accident. and it makes that your rabiit didn't want gras/hay and natural herbs. i only give them meadow menu, from Rosewood Naturals. If you give them only this they will like it very much . and stay very very healthy.View attachment 50421
This does seem to be some good pellets but they're timothy based, and I believe babies need alfalfa-based pellets. I will consider getting this for my adults though.

Last edited:
Meadow menu is WHOLE food. all vitamins ,minerals and protein and fat. Also very good for the teeth.
i gived these from 7=8 weeks old. never ever get troubles.
Wene be given Oxbow rabbit young= wheat based, than your rabbit get used to wheat based food,and then you can hardly get it off.
important is that he/she stay with the mother until she didn't want any more. and
my Rabbith glows and i give him as much as he wants from meadow menu. but he didn't get fat from these.
and the rabbitfood with wheat often do.
He also stay calm relaxed good minded. and the other who eats wheat food. got hyper, and didn'want to eat hay.
But sherwood Pet Health baby rabit food looks also oke.

If you want a cheaper bulk feed meant primarily for breeding/show rabbits, it might be ok. It does at least have alfalfa as the first ingredient. But myself, I don't trust the bulk feeds. I know people, and have read of too many serious problems being caused by them because of quality control issues, to feel safe feeding any of those feeds to my pet rabbits.

I prefer higher quality pet feeds. Though they are more expensive, I feel like the quality control is a lot better, making them safer to feed. In the US, Oxbow, Sherwood, and Science select are a few I feel are reputable brands. There may be a few more that others will recommend.

@Miepie keep in mind this is a US member and not many European rabbit food brands are available here.

Latest posts

Back