I met my very first rattie yesterday!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagadvocate

Reaction score
I've always loved learning about new animals. While I've never rushed over to see the ratties in a pet store, I found posts here from rattie owners to be very interesting! I even did some research on my own because I think these little fellas are really awesome.

Yesterday we went to visit my sister in law and my niece who has a new rattie in their family. She was sooooooo cute, and really friendly and curious. My niece gave me a treat to feed her, (It was a goldfish cracker) and she took it so carefully and held it so cutely in her little paws while she ate. AWWWWWWWW too cute! (Can you tell that I really love this lil girl? :p)

I never would've thought twice about rats til I read about them here so thanks guys for opening my eyes to these really neat lil fellas.

I'll never be able to have one of my own though because my hubby has an extreme fear of them (bad childhood trauma). But I'll sure enjoy visiting my niece's and spoilingher just a lil bit!

I'm glad you enjoyed your first rattie experience. They're the only animal I'm not afraid that they'll accidently bite me while I handfeed them. Does your neice only have one? Ratties do better in groups and taking care of more isn't anymore work than just one, just more food and a bigger cage. How old is your neice? She's lucky to have a rat in her life. They teach you so much.

Ditto to what Okiron said :).

That is truely too bad that you can't have ratties of your own. Maybe your neices rat can work him out of his fear?

Latest posts

Back