i made a fort

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zkeaton

Reaction score
i didn’t like the idea of getting a crate when they are way too small for suck a price and my family moved not to long ago so we have many many boxes. i made this two story box fort. i know she will probably chew it so i’m probably gonna get the crate anyway but maybe it’ll last her awhile. i put the fence there so it didn’t jump off and fall through the ceiling of the other box and hurt itself... but any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!E1FCE1B3-EDC5-485C-8A0E-ADF0AB9EDE9C.jpeg60A01A84-7494-4CFB-AD34-44EA8CDDC23D.jpeg

Very nice! Be careful with tape, you don't want her to eat it. Also, you don't have to have that ramp. She can jump up easily.
BTW - I love your carpet! I have the nastiest carpet ever so that nice grey color is so pretty!

Very nice! Be careful with tape, you don't want her to eat it. Also, you don't have to have that ramp. She can jump up easily.
BTW - I love your carpet! I have the nastiest carpet ever so that nice grey color is so pretty!

we decided to get that carpet because of my siblings and any spills would be hidden lol the only thing that is taped is the top house because it would be impossible to clean... i used hot glue for the rest! and i will probably remove the ramp on the outside because it’s pretty flimsy... the inside ramp is hot glued so it’s to late to change my mind on that one... thank you for replying!

Be careful with hot glue. You don't want your rabbit to eat it. When making rabbit toys, I try to use the least bit of glue as possible, but normally I stick to only cardboard or tying.

Be careful with hot glue. You don't want your rabbit to eat it. When making rabbit toys, I try to use the least bit of glue as possible, but normally I stick to only cardboard or tying.

well uh i hope i hid it good enough she doesn’t find it... i will definitely make sure to use something besides hot glue next time...

i didn’t like the idea of getting a crate when they are way too small for suck a price and my family moved not to long ago so we have many many boxes. i made this two story box fort. i know she will probably chew it so i’m probably gonna get the crate anyway but maybe it’ll last her awhile. i put the fence there so it didn’t jump off and fall through the ceiling of the other box and hurt itself... but any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!View attachment 47132View attachment 47133
Such a good idea , I love it .
It looks amazing , and I'm sure your bunny will love it !

Yes I agree , definitely don't want them eating that.

Such a good idea , I love it .
It looks amazing , and I'm sure your bunny will love it !

Yes I agree , definitely don't want them eating that.

thank you and i hope she will like it too! i hope i hid the hot glue good enough she won’t eat it though... what will happen if she does eat it..?

do you know what i need to do if she does it eat it..? and how will i know!?

thank you and i hope she will like it too! i hope i hid the hot glue good enough she won’t eat it though... what will happen if she does eat it..?
I don't know , I'm sorry .
I'm sure someone else might know 😉😉

If she stops eating or pooping there is probably a chance she ate some of it. Just makes sure her poops look normal and she is acting perfectly fine.

Looks great! I second what was said about tape and hot glue, it is basically plastic and rabbits can chew on it and get serious blockage, so I remove absolutely all stickers and tape from the boxes and only use brown boxes with minimum ink but yours are fine, just remove that tape. You can possibly use wire or rope or something like that to bind boxes together. Your fort was built to destroy and your rabbit will find any plastic or tape and I don't know why but they would always start with that part.

So you need to absolutely avoid plastic tape and hot glue. Too much risk.

Looks great! I second what was said about tape and hot glue, it is basically plastic and rabbits can chew on it and get serious blockage, so I remove absolutely all stickers and tape from the boxes and only use brown boxes with minimum ink but yours are fine, just remove that tape. You can possibly use wire or rope or something like that to bind boxes together. Your fort was built to destroy and your rabbit will find any plastic or tape and I don't know why but they would always start with that part.

So you need to absolutely avoid plastic tape and hot glue. Too much risk.

thank you i will do that from now on! i’m going to try to remove as much hot glue as possible and the tape is already off! thanks for your help!

I don't think she will use that ramp tbh she won't be able to but she can hide under it, nice space.

I don't think she will use that ramp tbh she won't be able to but she can hide under it, nice space.

i think i might add another box like i have on the left side... i don’t know yet but i’m going to take the ramp off! thanks for you help!

based on what everyone said... i made a new and improved version! i plan to take down the fence at the top too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 2
Rabbits tend to chew on the boxes-- especially the openings, so expect her to eventually destroy it.

It looks like she'll have fun with it though!

You can always re-arrange the boxes if she starts to lose interest (which they tend to do). They like to explore new configurations.

Rabbits tend to chew on the boxes-- especially the openings, so expect her to eventually destroy it.

It looks like she'll have fun with it though!

You can always re-arrange the boxes if she starts to lose interest (which they tend to do). They like to explore new configurations.

i hope she has fun with it! i made it for her to chew and i think it’ll be fun for both of us to rearrange it! thank you for your response!

Latest posts

Back