I love vinegar!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just tried vinegarfor the first timeyesterday when I cleaned Binky & Boo's cage. Itsfantastic!! My husband was worried and kept saying "only use a tinybit, only use a tiny bit." So to get him to zip it, I onlyused a tiny bit :) It worked wonders! I hadbeenhaving trouble getting their litter box and the bottom ofthe cage where the litter box is to stop smelling. I justdabbed some on a papertowel and wiped away the stank!

IT DOESN'T SMELL ANYMORE!!!!! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Vinegar is the best!! It is also greatfor taking pee stains out of the carpets. Live saver for me,as I rent...

What I do is use a little spray bottle, and fill it with awater/vinegar mix, then spray down the cage and wipe. I pourstraight vinegar on tough stains, and to get the litter boxesreally clean, I give them a little soak in straight vinegar then rinse.

--Dawn

ME TOO!!!

It's great for getting up the crusty pee residue that forms over time(I know that sounds gross - but bunny owners: you know what I'm talkingabout!).

_________
Nadia

HoneyPot wrote:
ME TOO!!!

It's great for getting up the crusty pee residue that forms over time(I know that sounds gross - but bunny owners: you know what I'm talkingabout!).

_________
Nadia
I had two drop pans that I was ready to toss in the trash because ofthe deposits of calcium salts from the rabbit urine. I soaked them instraight vinegar and they now look like new.

I use vinegar to clean and disinfect everything of the bunnies. Cages, litter pans, food bowls, water bottles, etc.

~Jim

Isn't that stuff great? Early on when I was still litter training Devon, it was great for cleaning up pee on the carpet!

We filled a spray bottle at our house withvinegar. It is the pee cleaning cleansor of choice in ourhouse too. Carpets, cages, litter boxes, it even works on thepillows (mocha peed on the bed. I just dabbed it, sprayed itwith vinegar, dabbed it, then sprayed and dabbed it a few times withwater as a rinse. It worked wonderfully)

I have actually begun to enjoy the smell of vinegar. Used to HATE it before I was a proud bunny owner - now I know that scent means a clean cage and litter box. :D

I have 2 spray bottles.... one with Vinegar, one with vinegar and fabric softner. I thought of it a few weeks ago when Gaelyn was insisting on peeing everywhere... I dont exactly like the futon reeking of vinegar all the time so i mixed the fabric softner to see how it did. It work great! So far no more futon peeing.

Latest posts

Back