I just built my first nic cube grid cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatever4andnomore

Reaction score
Well, I did it! I moved 3 of out of the 4 rabbits we have down into the basement. I was able to build a very nice enclosure with the nic grids. It was very easy too. Zip ties and grids that's all it took. For the floor I just got those puzzle style floor mats that are often used in day care centers. I put fleece over them so they don't chew the mats and makes them nice and cozy. As soon as I got the enclosure built, we put the girls, SunDancer and Misty Blue in. They LOVED the extra room! They share a pen that is 3 grids wide by 5 grids long and 2 grids high with a divider in the middle (so they don't fight) Pepsi's new enclosure will be built over the weekend. For now he is in a larger sized "regular cage" that is roomier than the one he had before. Pepsi is so high energy that I would at some point just like to let him run loose in the basement with Edgar the cat! I can't let him do that upstairs as he just will not be litter trained, and he can't be neutered as he is a show rabbit. But letting him loose to chase the cat (yes, the rabbit chases the cat!)and just bounce off the walls while we are down their doing laundry and stuff helps a LOT!

I am planning on making a few more as we are going to get two more rabbits soon. (We are really excited to start showing in the next month or so) I will never go back to store bought cages again!

That is awesome! My bunny lives outside so has a wooden cage for added safety, but I built him a run out of the cubes! He loves when I put him in it so he can run around in the grass!

Hey, just a comment about letting Pepsi running loose in the basement, if the girls aren't spayed, it's still possible for him to get them pregnant through the bars of the cage. Otherwise, sounds like a great plan :)

yikes! Yes I have heard that, but he does run loose while supervised! (or at least while the boys are playing video games, lol!)

Latest posts

Back