I Got my Belgian Hare! :D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuriousBun

Reaction score
I figured I would come back here after asking all sorts of Belgian Hare questions... I ended up finding a breeder, asked all sorts of questions, and ended up having a little boy transported up here... he is AMAZING.

Named him Maximilian. He is soooo active, into absolutely everything, super curious, complete trouble maker - I'd have it no other way. But besides this he's also really sweet and will stand up at your feet and beg to be picked up and cuddled. After reading about how sensitive to noise BHs can be and how skittish and shocky they could be I was a bit concerned he'd be super fragile but nope - he's far more curious than skittish. He's been a wonderful addition to the household. I was told by the breeder he was a runt who had to be separated from his siblings because they were keeping him away from the food. The transporter told me he was on the thin side and Belgian Hares are "notoriously hard to get weight on." This just has not been so.... he's gained weight and grown in the few days I've had him and is building up muscles fast.

I took a few photos... was a bit difficult as every snap was more or less a blur of brown fur.. he refuses to sit still so I put him in a box just to slow him down enough to take these... :hbunnysmell: In any event he's been very different than the buns I have had in the past -WAY more active. I have yet to catch him sleeping - he must sleep like a fish, with his eyes open. Very happy with our new house bunny!

1601538_10202260066637401_2087584862_n.jpg

14800_10202260065917383_1237855446_n.jpg

1620730_10202260066757404_525801910_n.jpg

First off Max is beautiful! I have always wanted a Belgian Hare! I think they are one of the most beautiful breeds of Hare's.
Max is no exception! Did the breeder give him an ear tattoo? Or is there something on the photos? Just curious..
I heard it was really hard to come across the BH's and there was hardly any breeders in the US.. but your baby is lovely!

Congrats!

Vanessa

Congratulations! Max is a handsome fellow! So glad you were able to get him, he sounds wonderful! Now I want to learn more about the Belgian hares!

How cool! He's adorable...you'll have to keep us updated on your adventures with him!

Yeah, finding a breeder was not easy. Everything really fell into place there! And yes, the breeder put the tattoo in his ear. I guess I could register him to be in shows if I really wanted. He did come with a pedigree and all... which is a first for me. All my previous buns were dropped off as adults when former owners no longer wanted them. SIGH. I am sure some of you here can understand being "the one" that gets blessed with those lost souls!

Anyway, I'll try to stop by periodically. He's going to be a handful!

He is so handsome, love that name. I love everything about him. Glad he's settled in and please do keep us updated and definitely more pics. You could start him a bunny blog, I am sure he will be keeping you very busy. :)

I love Belgians, he is so beautiful :D Glad to hear that he's settling in well :)

Latest posts

Back