I found "blood?" in my bunny's litter box.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buncake

Reaction score
Hello, how have you all been doing?
So, I was just cleaning up Claudia's litter box and I found this?
IMG_20181212_212519.jpg

Her litter box is one of these

Cat-sand-basin-closed-toilet-double-closed-large-cat-litter-box-big-cat-bedpan-douwei-cat.jpg

And this is what the insides's like

42165866_2111425505568844_4677149871298314240_n.jpg

I put hay there and her pellets don't do through the holes but her pee does, however sometimes it stays in the corner so I can tell what the color of it was like and as I was cleaning it up earlier I saw her pee normal, light in color and consistency but when I removed the sifter to clean up the inside -the papers and such- I saw that red dot in the corner.

I picked Claudia up and checked her privates and fur and it seemed clean. Should I be concerned or should I wait and see? She's quite normal, I don't see any changes in her behavior.

Check her nails to see if maybe one of them broke and caused the little drop of blood. Also keep checking her pee puddles. It might be easier to see if there is blood in the urine if you let the puddle soak into the paper first.

Check her nails to see if maybe one of them broke and caused the little drop of blood. Also keep checking her pee puddles. It might be easier to see if there is blood in the urine if you let the puddle soak into the paper first.

I checked, her fur is white so I should've noticed if she was injured.. Though I did suspect her abnormally growing thumb... It's an awfully deformed nail that grows out curled upwards and it looks like the finger itself is rotting or something.. But I didn't find blood around it. I'm keeping an eye on her, hopefully everything is going to be okay.

Latest posts

Back