I forgot to put water in his pen overnight...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
I feel so guilty. We went away for the weekend and when we got to our destination (after a 2 hour drive), I set up Remy’s travel pen. It was 1 AM and I was super tired and forgot to put a water bowl in.
I only noticed at around 9 AM the next day. That means he went almost 12 hours without water.

I feel awful!!!

Aw, I’m sure he’s okay. Just make sure his water bowl is super full and you can wet his veggies so he’s getting enough water. 🤍

I feel so guilty. We went away for the weekend and when we got to our destination (after a 2 hour drive), I set up Remy’s travel pen. It was 1 AM and I was super tired and forgot to put a water bowl in.
I only noticed at around 9 AM the next day. That means he went almost 12 hours without water.

I feel awful!!!
Before I could rescue Marlow, he was without water and food for maybe even several days in a row. At least two to three at a stretch for certain but the girl that used to take care of him was often gone longer. How he stayed alive I don’t know.

I once did that with my girl but only for a few hours and I felt the worst! when I gave her water she drank so much :(.
Today I did it again with my boy and freaked out (forgot to take his water bowl out of room coz I have to keep him separated from my girl) and when I remembered, he was sleeping so I put the bowl to his face and he was SO pissed I woke him up, he headbutted the bowl and spilt water everywhere, then he headbutted me and turned around and went back to sleeping. Guess he wasn't thirsty but boy... that sass... 🙄

Here is what I do (as I'm absent-minded): I have several water bowls and my rule is I'm not allowed to pick up a water bowl until I've put a fresh one down. I do this with litter trays too, prepare fresh litter trays before taking old ones away for cleaning.

Here is what I do (as I'm absent-minded): I have several water bowls and my rule is I'm not allowed to pick up a water bowl until I've put a fresh one down. I do this with litter trays too, prepare fresh litter trays before taking old ones away for cleaning.
Very smart! I’m usually really good about this though. I’ve never ever forgotten. Hopefully this will be a one time thing

I feel awful!!!
Aw it was a mistake and they happen...consider putting two sources of water into his area (that's what I do) in case he knocks his bowl over (he's a klutz) or something like that happens. We put a hanging watering bottle for him but it's just the backup and he doesn't use it but knows how.

I have water bottles which always stay clean and I have water bowl they much prefer over a bottle but if they had a accidental poo in there they drink from their water bottles
Eve

Latest posts

Back