I dropped my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alesha Lizaimi

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old angora and I was carrying him. I accidentally dropped him because he was squirming and scratching my arms and he struggled to get out. He jumped from my arms and dropped about 4 feet. I noticed that he wasn't as out going and playful as he used to be and he wants to seclude himself which was really unusual. And around his mouth area down his snout I saw discoloration and there was a tiny dot. It was blood. I touched it and he flinched but he won't let me open his mouth to see if there was bleeding. I gave him a pallet and 1 strand of hay and he ate well. But he is still not active. What shall I do? I feel so bad. Should I send him to the vet. Is there any home remedies since we're in lockdown? Please help me 🙏🏻

I'd keep offering him hay and water. Keep checking his activity levels too. I'd also call the vet for an appointment to make sure there aren't any internal damages or broken bones.

Also, try to refrain from carrying your rabbit unless necessary. Rabbits are prey animals and do not like to be held as their natural instinct is to panic--- in the wild they are only carried by hawks and other predators.

I hope your little guy is okay!

I'd keep offering him hay and water. Keep checking his activity levels too. I'd also call the vet for an appointment to make sure there aren't any internal damages or broken bones.

Also, try to refrain from carrying your rabbit unless necessary. Rabbits are prey animals and do not like to be held as their natural instinct is to panic--- in the wild they are only carried by hawks and other predators.

I hope your little guy is okay!
Thank you so much for the advise🙏🏻 I'm bringing him to the vet tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back