I don’t know how to handle humping...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo the Lop

Reaction score
New to rabbits, I have a 6 month old male holland lop that I’ve had for about a month. I just got a 10 week old polish a few days ago. They both get time out of their cages and I let them meet each other. Lop immediately started to lick Polish for a few seconds and then went on his way to look at something else. But after a little while he came back and started humping Polish. I know this is normal but I don’t how I’m supposed to handle it and if it’s okay for them to be out together. Polish didnt seem to mind it. Just more attention that he seems to crave sometimes.

They need to both be neutered before you try and bond them. Is the Polish male or female? You shouldn't let them out together until they are both neutered as if they start fighting, rabbits can have pretty nasty fights. Any fights that happen pre-bonding can cause them to not be able to bond. If possible to start pre-bonding, put their cages next to each other.

Ok, thanks for replying. I’ve already just put their cages side by side today. Will keep them separate during free time, and Lop has an appointment to be neutered next month :)

Latest posts

Back