I didnt plan on this...BUT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy77

Reaction score
SO I seriously did plan on getting another rabbit.

I have been doing my research, and getting my ducks in a row. I did not want another bunny till after the holidays, maybe February or later. I was interested in a Palomino, NZ, or another FG. I was looking a white. I was told white hair shows up more. I found a breeder and when there yesterday. I didnt want a bunny, I didnt take cash or a carrier. I had my bases covered not to get one, just to look at the white FG and see for myself how the hair was. Hubby was hunting so it was me and the boys, so I didnt want to get one with out including him.

The lady had a great set up she sold FG, Silver Martins, and Dutch. it was clean, well kept, and her buns were great looking and huge...She had about 75 buns, mostly white, but some gray, black and steel. I held so many but still had my mind set on not getting one. I was ok with leaving with out one, no biggie. I was wrapping things up, and telling her I will contact her in a few months.

I noticed this little black rat with huge ears, I asked her what that was. She laughed and said it was a FG. she went to get it out
, he was kinda ugly. his head was narrow, his eyes looked like they were gonna pop out of his head and he was so tiny for 10 weeks old. His back feet were not fluffy like Jay Jay's they looked long like fingers on the back feet. His tail was set off to the side instead of straight up.

I was in love. she put him on the table, and I was petting his head, he immediately melted, then I did too. She said he was already sold and she was just keeping him till spring for the owner. OK perfect I wasnt gonna have him great its karma lol

She said she will sell him to me tho since the other lady hasnt contacted her and she wasnt sure what was going on. I didnt want to do that but she said no problem if i really wanted him. Well then next question then was price...and it was a good one so I took him. Well I said I have nothing with me and I am sure u dont take checks. Well she did it was fate lol

Everything seemed to fall into place. even tho i had no interest in getting another bunny yesterday.

When I got home ant told Hubby, I thought he would b upset since we already has a plan in place. Nope he didnt even bat an eye. lol which is odd for him, it had to b cuz he was tired from hunting all weekend. lol

So with out further a due here is Monty

2Monty112209.jpg

1Monty112209.jpg

2Monty112209.jpg

Monty112209.jpg

Montytail112209.jpg

4Monty112209.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
He is so handsome!!! I love the ears...I think it must be the ears that sucked me in lol...

and to think our boys will grow up together...sort of lol...Dougal is...10, pushing 11 weeks old now?

I like Monty's color...is that called the steel or black...
Are his eyes really blue? they seem to come out so well in the pictures...Dougals always seem to come out red...even with the red eye on...

Orchid wrote:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
He is so handsome!!! I love the ears...I think it must be the ears that sucked me in lol...

and to think our boys will grow up together...sort of lol...Dougal is...10, pushing 11 weeks old now?

I like Monty's color...is that called the steel or black...
Are his eyes really blue? they seem to come out so well in the pictures...Dougals always seem to come out red...even with the red eye on...
He is all black. the other weird thing is that he has smooth fur, but on his but he has random long hairs looks funny to me.

The breeder said he was the runt, of a litter of nine, he was on the bottom of the pecking order so to speak

kahlin wrote:
It's funny how things work. I guess it was meant to be. Congrats.
I guess meant to be. Surprised the heck out of me thats 4 sure. My mind was made up no way was I gonna get one.

I am glad tho that I did check out the whites, I would have not gotten one. With doing Daycare, my daycare parents would not have enjoyed having there kids coming home with all that white hair. whether the bunny was in molt or not, the hair really showed up.

wow look at those ears!!! he looks so awkward right now! cant wait to see how he gros into those feet and ears

I'm so happy to see another flemish on the forum...I am looking forward to LOTS of Monty pictures and stories...

slavetoabunny wrote:
You had better not take him outside in a brisk wind!! He is sooooo handsome.
You had better not take him out because half of ro has him on there bunny nap list!
:lookaround

:inlove: he is LOVELY :)

Thanks guys. It still will take me a while to think he is a cute as u do but his personality so far is wonderful so that make up for it. He has the I'm so ugly I'm cute face I guess lol

He is so adorable! LOL~ with the first picture, I thought you really got a rat with enormous ears. The name fits him perfectly! Love it.

Well, I certainly can see why you did not turn this boy down! He is down right gorgeous! I mean, look at his ears in the first photo - so perfect!

Latest posts

Back