i can see kits moving, how long left does she have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstysharp2847

Reaction score
Hi I have a female lionhead lop that I tried to breed with my buck. I left them alone together for 2 mins so we think she got pregnant then. She’s had babies before and she got very aggressive and she’s doing the same now and she’s having all the symptoms like last time. When she was laying on her side I could see them moving. We don’t really know when she got pregnant as we didn’t know if they did it or not so we just left it. How far along do you think she is?? I would post pics or video but she’s black and fluffy so it’s hard to see on camera.

Update: she’s started stomping her feet non stop really loudly in her cage. I don’t think it’s because she feels threatened because all the animals around her she’s lived with since she was a baby. Also this is her 2nd litter if that helps.

Last edited:
Gestation period is about 31 days. Just seeing movement isn't a good indicator if they're pregnant or not, because the movement of their gut can look like kits too. However, actually feeling kits moving, to me, tells me we're usually within 4 or 5 days or less before they give birth

Gestation period is about 31 days. Just seeing movement isn't a good indicator if they're pregnant or not, because the movement of their gut can look like kits too. However, actually feeling kits moving, to me, tells me we're usually within 4 or 5 days or less before they give birth
Hi, i could feel them moving and her behavior has changed so much. I did palpate her and could feel one large grape sized lump in her belly. But now she's got a hard belly. Its been about 3-4 days since i first felt them and saw them moving.

Most times I notice reduced appetite 1-2 days before kindling. Although I had to relocate a litter from an earth hole in the garden to the hutch once I try to give them more garden time so they get some exercise, but they do just lounge a lot then.

Be sure she has enough hay for nesting, and a nestbox, and check regularily. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back