I can feel babies but my doe is 36 days along

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tay24

Reaction score
Hi, so my dwarf hotot doe is on her 36th day and she has made a nest and everything but she hasn't given birth. I know she is pregnant because there was 6 fall offs and i can feel 2 babies. This would be 2nd litter... Any suggestions or advice would be great

If you're sure you feel kits, and it's day 36, they may likely be dead now. I would take her to a vet, confirm by X-ray, and he can give her oxytocin to start contractions. If she isn't at least you'll know for sure.

Yeah I guess I could have but I contacted another dwarf hotot breeder and she said that she has started absorbing the babies and that she has a max factor which means all her babies will either 1) be still born or 2) have something wrong with them... either being wayyy to big or half the size and die no matter what you do. Thank you for the adivicd though!

Is this breeder familiar with your rabbit or is she just guessing? The problem is if she is pregnant and the kits aren't expelled your doe could end up sterile.

Latest posts

Back