I am addicted...to my DVR

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrixieRabbit

Reaction score
I think I am running out of shows to tape. I hardly ever watch live tv anymore, I just start watching 15 mins after the show starts and fast forward the commercials.
Anyone else have a DVR? How AWESOME are they???!!!??!!

As of right now, I DVR:

Kid Nation
Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Housewives
Private Practice
Heroes
Dancing With the Stars
Whose Line is it Anyway?
Ugly Betty
Bionic Woman
Survivor
Oprah
Myth Busters
Dirty Jobs

I CAN'T KEEP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL

We record everything, most of the time two programs at the same time. It's so much easier being able to skip the commercials and put the show on hold rather than miss the best parts if a phone call or something else interrupts. When we do on occasion watch live we keep reaching for the control to fast forward thru the commercials. Immagine haveing to wait for them to get done.
The worst time is when the box isn't working correctly and has to be replaced. Then you lose everything you've recorded and have to reschedule it all over again. That's when we try to quickly watch all the serial shows to stay in sequence.
Actually we don't watch TV much, but its great to do on our schedule and alot easier than a vcr.

Lee Zettl
Bunnies: Joy & Love

Heck, YAH!!!

We have two, one from the cable company (that can record two programs at once) and a pioneer one with a hard drivethat can also burn on to DVDs.

Wow, that sounds a little embarassing when you say it out loud.

But I can't live without my PVR now!

I think I'm gonna suggest getting one to Danny, since more often than not, the shows we want to see the most (Torchwood, etc.) come on at times that Em's awake (and believe me, Torchwood is NOT a show for Em's eyes). Another rotten thing...the new CSI's come on RIGHT when I need to be putting her to bed. So, I find myself missing out on our fav shows. Sure, we'll record (on the VCR) the CSI and such...but if she's awake and we need to watch something more Emily-friendly, we just completely miss out! :grumpy:

Yeah...that sounds like the solution for us.

Not only that...but is it like Tivo, where it'll catch the show for you, and you don't have to program it to a certain time (like a VCR)?

Wouldn't be without my Sky+ either, i love it especially as i sometimes get in from work and miss the start of Hollyoaks.

We have on ours

Top gear

Fifth gear

Ugly betty (ooh which series are you on in America?)

Town called Eureka

Stargate Atlantis

Hollyoaks

Bones

Scrubs

Can't wait for Lost and stuff to start again:)

Hehe!!

I just told Danny we need to get one...and he laughed. Then I reminded him that we can't watch Torchwood (an offshoot from Dr. Who, it's on the BBC America channel) anymore, and he said, "Oh yeah...well then it's probably something we should get..."

Haha!! Priorities, man! :D

TrixieRabbit wrote:
yeah its JUST like TiVo. You just program the show and any time its on, it records it. You can even choose to only record new eps, etc...

I like to say the DVR is the greatest invention ever :) (It's not, but that just emphasizes how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!)

Ours always records Who's Line, Pushing Daisies, The Office, Scrubs, Heroes, My Name is Earl, Don't Forget the Lyrics, Journey Man, and Chuck. Plus now and then we set up other shows.

We also don't like to watch TV in real time due to the commercials. We get spoiled from the DVR! LOL :)

Jessi

Latest posts

Back