I accidentally stepped on my bunny.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navodita

Reaction score
I accidentally stepped on my bunny and he layed on his side mouth wide open. His neck is somewhat tilted. What do I do?

Please check for emergency vets, who are 24/7. For now, please restrict your rabbit's space to limit movement. Your rabbit needs to be seen by a vet asap

Please check for emergency vets, who are 24/7. For now, please restrict your rabbit's space to limit movement. Your rabbit needs to be seen by a vet asap
You could try this FB group to see if they have the name of a rabbit vet near your location, that you could take your rabbit to. https://www.facebook.com/nomnomindia/
I took him to the vet. He gave him some injections but I see his one of limb is somewhat weak. He is still not able to walk properly. He is not able to stand or sit straight.

Did the vet take xrays to see if there were any broken bones?
no.he just gave him some medication.
This is my first bunny and I'm super attached to him. So I don't really have any idea about injuries or so.

Keep a close eye on your rabbits eating and drinking. Pain can cause a rabbit to stop eating, which can be dangerous to them. So if your rabbit stops eating, you'll need to get your rabbit back to the vet within 24 hours since the last time your rabbit ate. Or if your rabbit doesn't show improvement in the next few days or worsens, you'll need to get your rabbit back to the vet for xrays, daily pain medication, and a syringe feeding mix(eg. Oxbow critical care). Then if your rabbit has any broken bones, the vet will need to determine how to best treat the break.

Thank you so much for the information. My bunny is fortunately eating things but I don't think he urinated or pooped since the accident.

+ he find it difficult to move. Could it be some spinal injury? Should I go for xray ?

I do recommend an x-ray at this point for a better understanding of what's going on and treatment options. If there are fractures, it's important to see how they are healing, if there is healing, and whether there are signs of bone infection (in which case an antibiotic is needed).

Sure thing. I'll go straight for an x-ray when the sun rises. Thank you so much

Ohhh noo 😞 I do hope all will be well with your bunny.
I too suggest bringing in for x-ray. It is not cheap but at least you'll know if there is anything broken.
Hopefully there is some output from bunbun now. That's huge.
Keep us posted 💞

Ohhh noo 😞 I do hope all will be well with your bunny.
I too suggest bringing in for x-ray. It is not cheap but at least you'll know if there is anything broken.
Hopefully there is some output from bunbun now. That's huge.
Keep us posted 💞
Yes. I'll keep that in mind. Currently it's midnight here. The first thing I'll do tommorow is an x-ray and I'll upload a video of my bun for detailed information.

We're taking him for the x rays. But I can see some improvement in him as in he was not even able to walk in a straight line but now he is running around but I feel like his hand is a little affected. Lets see how it goes.

That's good to hear about the medication.
Let's hope bun bun feels and looks better soon

Latest posts

Back