Hutch Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarajane423

Reaction score
So I recently got two Lionhead rabbits and I bought a hutch off Amazon for them. They have been chewing lightly on it, so I did some research and I’m confused what to do. Is cypress fir dangerous? If so, is there any suggestions for other hutches that are really safe because all I’ve seen is the fir or pine.

Sorry I can't really help you, other members should be here soon.
I just wanted to say I got hutches that mine chew on, sometimes a lot , and have never been harmed. I don't know what material that mine are made out of, but I assume the same material that commercial hutches are made out of

Not sure about the material, however, if your bunnies are housed indoors, ditch the hutch and use X pens ;) 😂

Maybe add more toys, they may be chewing the hutch out of boredom…

I actually do have a X pen, and I get them out regularly. But, I also have a Siamese Cat and a Australian Shepherd. The cat I do not trust around them, but my pup loves them to pieces. I’m just worried that when they have to be up that I’m not hurting their well being at all. I’ve bought them some willow balls, and a play mat to hang up in their hutch, also I’ve put some apple stick treats, and some birch logs for chewing. I’ve only had them for about three weeks now, and I’ve been researching and learning about rabbit care ever since. It’s just sad that you really have to research everything because rabbit products can be misleading and even though they claim to be safe some are not!

Oh ok… I also have a cat and Aussie but my cat is 9 and loves all my rabbits and never bothers them. My Aussie I trained since she was 8 weeks to be well behaved around them so I don’t have that issue.

I definitely know what you mean about products being misleading! But overtime, you get to memorize what’s safe and not safe for them. :)

Latest posts

Back