Hutch big enough?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Numbat

Reaction score
Hiya,

Do you think this hutch is suitable and big enough for one or two bunnies?

It looks a bit small to me and no running room. The bunnies would be let out regularly for runs though.

Thanks!

crystal

Reaction score
There are so many hutches like this around... as to whether it is big enough, it seems to depend who you ask!

A lot of the pet shops sell hutches that are really small (3 feet). but on the other end of the scale I looked into adopting a rabbit from a shelter around here and they have a minimum requirement of 2m x 2m x 1m which is pretty massive. the hutch my boyfriend is building is 1.5m x 60cm x 60cm roughly from memory. so um what is big enough seems to depend...

this is probably a pretty obvious thing to say but the good thing about the double story ones is that you get twice the room for the length... if you know what I mean. but a double story hutch isn't an option for me because my boy bunny is disabled and wouldnt be able to get up the skinny ramp.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
It looks too small to me. Plus the length of it would mean the ramp would probably be quite steep!

I think double hutches are a great way of adding space though, I would just get a hutch that was a bit longer and deeper.:)

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
It looks to small for one rabit much less two. Storm has a 5 foot wide3 foot deep 2 level cage and I feel like that is to small for him he is a netherland Dwarf. But my aptions to go bigger is not there right now

Latest posts