Humping Me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyB14

Reaction score
BunBun keeping trying to hump me. She is currently inside for floor time. She has a stuffed narwal about the same size as her and she does hump that but she still tries to hump me. How can I get her to stop?

Is she spayed or not, how old is she exactly? More often than not, humping comes from adolescent rabbits who are still intact.
If she is old enough for her spay (most commonly after 5-6 months for girls) i would highly suggest getting to it, if it is not done already. If it was done recently, hormones calming takes time, about a month or two, depending on the individual.

No she is not spayed. She is a little over a year. She was born April 1st as of last year.

Then you should look into reputable rabbit vets and get her spayed. Not only will it help with the humping, but also litter habits and other hormone-related behaviours. If you ever plan on getting her a bondmate (which you should if your circumstances allow it) then spaying is a must. Also, very important to know that intact does have an extremely high chance to get uterine cancer the older they get (don't exactly remember the age after which it skyrockets, but it is early). So if you want to keep her with you longer, i highly suggest looking into spays seriously. They might not be the cheapest thing ever, depending on one's location, but it is well worth it.

Latest posts

Back