humane mouse traps

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissa

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a humane mouse trap that actually works?

there's this cage thing that you place some food in and when the mouse goes in to eat it he walks over this latch that drops the front door and he's trapped inside the cage. he doesnt get hurt or anything and he still gets his food. i dont know what its called exactly but my mom has some, i'll ask her for the details.

Here are a couple I found on eBay.

d6_1_b.JPG

6e_1_b.JPG

ed_1_b.JPG

fe_1_b.JPG

Which one should I get though?

Yes, I've used them for live-trapping mice for a Mammology class. They're like little metal boxes with a step-on trigger. I think I remember seeing them at Fleet Farm. Peanut butter is the best bait ever, btw.

Since it's hot out, you absolutely must check the trap in the morning. As I'm sure you can imagine, a metal box gets hot quickly. I've also been instructed never to use them if it's going to be less than 45 degrees at night because of the chance of them freezing to death.

naturestee wrote:
Yes, I've used them for live-trapping mice for a Mammology class. They're like little metal boxes with a step-on trigger. I think I remember seeing them at Fleet Farm. Peanut butter is the best bait ever, btw.

Since it's hot out, you absolutely must check the trap in the morning. As I'm sure you can imagine, a metal box gets hot quickly. I've also been instructed never to use them if it's going to be less than 45 degrees at night because of the chance of them freezing to death.
I was going to check Fleet Farm. Are the ones they have for indoor use though? How big are they?

we used one of those live mouse ones, didn't work though. we ended up setting out d-con for a month or so and then got a thing that plugs in to keep them away using vibrations or something.

Latest posts

Back