Hugh

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
After two seperate dates with two different neutered males, we found Holly a future husbunn. :) The dates themselves were probably pointless as her temperment will change once she's spayed, but it was nice to see which one would be best able to tolerate her in the meantime for short play sessions during the day. Rabbit #2 turned out to be a winner. Holly was very into both of them, but the second one was the one that completely ignored her unspayed female ways. And that in my eyes has potential.

Hugh is a mini-lop, a nice husky fellow who is extremely personable and has already shown tons of interest in his new toys. He also likes to be petted and is a breeze to handle... A little different than Holly in the last two respects at least! I have no idea what color he is. He's four years old, and his previous owner has had him since he was 2 months old... So he's been a well cared for guy. They had to rehome him because of time constraints, but were very happy to send him here where he can be free ranged and will eventually be bonded to another rabbit. For now he has a NIC condo in our dining room, which we're going to section off from our living room so that he can run around the dining room and Holly can't harass him (she's very persistant that he MUST love her, it's kind of sad). Once she's spayed and has time to calm down and slow her roll a bit, we'll be expanding the condo andletting them have free reign of both the living and dining room. Hopefully by January we'll have a good start on that!

Holly has a new nickname of The Terrorizer. She's really, REALLY into Hugh. Humping Hugh, insisting Hugh groom her, watching Hugh longingly through the condo bars, following Hugh, sniffing Hugh, flopping near Hugh... She literally won't leave the guy alone. For his sanity whatever time they do get to spend together before she's de-hormoned will be brief. As it is she is stalking him through the condo grids. And he ignores her every move, laying there and just taking the abuse. Poor guy has no idea what to think of the whole thing.

I know, I know... Get to the important part. :p Pictures!

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6872.jpg

"HELP!"

IMG_6890.jpg

"Oo this is mine!"

IMG_6873.jpg

"All mine."

IMG_6896.jpg

"Mine mine mine!"

IMG_6895.jpg

"Now you like me, darn it!"

IMG_6877.jpg

"He's a little slow, is all, guys. I promise he loves me."

IMG_6875.jpg

An ounce of mutual affection. Actually I think he was just sniffing her, but she was hoping for more.

IMG_6898.jpg

"He will be mine. Whether he likes it or not."

IMG_6881.jpg

Stalking outside the condo.

IMG_6914-1.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

As we speak she's trying very hard to get his attention through the grids, and then doing binkies on his front carpeting. Rinse and repeat. It's almost a little pathetic. The good news is that despite the move and meeting Holly, he seems very calm about it all, no signs of stress whatsoever. He's snoozing on his top level where Holly can only sniff his bum, much to her chagrin.

He's just so... Mellow. I've never had an adult rabbit that would just lay by me and be content being stroked and petted. It's so very nice.

OOoooh he's a handsome boy. :) Holly's very lucky.

I was laughing as I read this, because Harvey does the exact same thing to my oldest cat. Humping, pulling out fur, and so on. My cat is getting to the end of this rope. Harvey gets his neuter this weds. haha

Thanks, everyone!!

Way on yonder down the road when they can actually live together, the condo is going to be expanded a grid either way and another level added. I think that should be big enough for the both of them, considering with how much they'll be out.

Holly is still making a fool of herself. She just really wants Hugh, and she's binkying and bouncing around the house so happy. I know we made the right decision, seeing how happy she is and they aren't even allowed to interact that closely. I can't imagine once she's spayed and CALM... Hopefully she'll be just as enthused. So for now I let her run circles around his cage and lay pathetically beside it in between her happy binkying fits.

... Is that normal? I've never had rabbits be that excited.

Oh my goodness. Very CUTE Bunnies.

How old is Holly? When you getting Holly spayed? I'm sure it can't be too soon in her eyes. She's certainly in Love with Hugh.

When we got Wilbur and Jackie as Baby Bunnies we were told they were both boys. Well they weren't so they had to be separated for about 4 months. OMG they pined over each other, it drove me nuts. But once they had their surgeries and they were put together they re-bonded so easily.

I can hardly wait to see pictures of the two of them when they are actually bonded. To me their is nothing better then seeing 2 bonded bunnies snuggling together.:inlove::heartbeat:

Susan:)

After cuddling with Hugh on the couch for a little over two hours last night, him falling asleep all stretched out beside me, I'm in love.

Edit: and the rest of my message got eaten LMAO!

He's just SO mellow and sweet, I can't believe how comfortable he is with us even though he hasn't been here very long at all.

This has inspired Holly to learn how to climb legs (BARE legs) to get up onto the couch. I let her as long as she sits in my lap, which used to be pure torture for her but she now tolerates extremely well as that's the only chance she gets to oogle her unrequited lover without the NIC grids in the way.

Susan, Holly is about 4 months old, maybe a little older. I'm calling around today to see who would spay her the soonest... And whoever can do it ASAP is going to be my new hero. It's just embarrassing watching her like this, it truly is.

He looks absolutely darling. I would say a broken black but the spots are not quite defined. So perhaps I would say that he is a magpie color? Just too darling, and you had me cackling away with your commentary...

He also has sandy colored patches, they don't show up too well on camera but in person you can see them really well. I've never seen that before on a rabbit so I really have no idea. At any rate he's awful cute haha!

Awwwww Hugh is a big lump of love wrapped in fuzz! He's so cute! Big fat lops are my favorite and he looks like a complete baby doll. I MUST HAVE HIM. The pictures (and captions) of Holly stalking the poor guy are hysterical :D Reminds me of Tallulah with Rory. She was just gaga over him. Unfortunately, he was nowhere near as nice as Hugh and would chomp her if she got too close, but it didn't stop her loooove.

RoryandTallulah089.jpg

Silly girls, you're making women everywhere look pathetic!

It's literally embarrassing. I had no idea the rabbit could make me feel shame, but she truly does.

Hugh is such a gentlemen, but he's also starting to get so comfortable as to show his flaws (though they ARE few). My favorite being his incessant need to dig at/bite the couch (curbed by giving him a special blankie that is only for him when he's out, so he scratches and bites that instead of the brand new couch. Besides, Holly has gotten a head start on that one by biting a hole into the bottom so she can climb into the couch.)

But he's still fat and cute so it's alright. :p Holly is less enamored but still makes a fool of herself. I think she's realized she can't actually get TO him, no matter how hard she tries.

Cait - you should contact Zooh Corner Rabbit Rescue and find out who they use for spays and neuters. They may even have a low cost program. They are in San Gabriel. Here is their contact info: (626) 576-BUNI E-mail [email protected]. They also do rabbit boarding if you ever need a sitter.

Oh awesome!! Thanks, Patti! I'm going to DEFINITELY call them! The vets I've talked to so far have been quoting me some astronomical prices (at least to me, but I'm used to Iowa prices still). I've been on the look out for a low cost clinic of some sort... Easy to find for dogs, not so much for rabbits. And that's awesome they board, because I was just thinking about Christmas when I go back to Iowa... I don't really know anyone here to watch the rabbits, so I was wondering about having to board them. So this is a very timely suggestion! :D Thanks again!

Edit: Oh man, their boarding facility is actually in Pasadena!! That's awesome! You're great, Patti, thanks so so much!!

OMG.....I am in love with him - I love that breed and if I could come out there and steal him - I would.

We definitely need regular pictures of this guy (and of Holly of course - poor girl - can't get what she wants).

Latest posts

Back