Huge black mass on rabbit hip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BessBurton

Reaction score
Our bunny Carlos is only 14 months and seems healthy and happy. He eats his hay, runs and jumps etc. Yesterday we looked at him and there was a huge dark mass on his side. I don’t know how we could have missed it before because we pick him up at least twice a day. We took him to the emergency vet and they cleaned and clipped but I will be going to a regular vet Monday. Has anyone seen something like this before?

Attachments

• 230AB58F-F7BE-485E-B1B2-2185689B5EB9.jpeg
    230AB58F-F7BE-485E-B1B2-2185689B5EB9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Thank you so much for replying. We have a vet appointment Monday and I haven’t slept the last two nights from worry.

Here are two more pictures. He’s only 14 months. We handle him everyday at least twice a day. I can’t believe this just appeared without us seeing it. We didn’t see a lump or anything and then suddenly it was just there.

Attachments

• D9384087-BBFD-421E-B3EB-5F4BE49E6055.jpeg
    D9384087-BBFD-421E-B3EB-5F4BE49E6055.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • D612AE80-418C-4E46-843E-06D5A70A8C87.jpeg
    D612AE80-418C-4E46-843E-06D5A70A8C87.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Ouch! That looks sore. Best of luck for the vets tomorrow, I hope it's something that can be easily treated or removed 🤞❤️

Thank you so much for replying. We have a vet appointment Monday and I haven’t slept the last two nights from worry.

Here are two more pictures. He’s only 14 months. We handle him everyday at least twice a day. I can’t believe this just appeared without us seeing it. We didn’t see a lump or anything and then suddenly it was just there.
Oh i do so hope things will be ok for your boy. Please update if you are up to it. Best wishes,
Mary

Oh wow a spider bite!!!
I'm glad he's on the mend though! Could have been worse news for sure 😁

ouch, Spider Bite.
Your Bun looked sore, I'm glad the Vet could do something.
A spider bite for a human is absolutely annoying and sore, I can't imagine what it would be like on something as small as a rabbit. He must have been very sore and annoyed with it.

We went to the most amazing vet! She is taking good care of him. He had surgery on the mass today and she believes it was a spider bite
oh my God..that is so shocking- what a precious brave Bunn. Thanks so much for updating. Kisses to dear wee Man.

Latest posts

Back