How well will this work out?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm getting a bunny soon. She will be in my room, she will have free range in there but an area will be blocked off because it has all my electrical items there. Im quessing the space she will have is around 10 ft by5 ft, maybe more. She will be in there most of the day but of coarse she will come out and get floor time and love, is that big enough for most of her time?. I heard bunnys need a "safe" place that's not just a hide out, so I'm using a dog crate my dogs barely ever used, would that be good?

This will be my first bunny, so I want to make sure everything is perfect she is a 3 month lop eared mix from my local rabbit rescue!

Sounds like your new bun is going to be one spoiled lil' one! Are you going to be using the dog crate as her cage? Even if she is a house-bunny she still needs a cage to go into a night and when she will not be supervised. Buns can get into quite a bit of trouble on their own (chewing carpet, bedding, baseboards, walls, etc...) and if they are not potty trained can be a bit messy, too. In her dog crate make sure she has plenty of wood shaving for bedding to soak up any urine or her bottom will get wet and yucky in no time. The best thing I always think is to have a wire bottom cage (that way urine & cocoa puffs can pass straight through and not get on the bunny) use a bunny board or a towel in half of it so the bun doesnt have to sit on the wire. But if you dont have a wire-bottom cage, then using shavings is fine enough. I wish you the best!

Latest posts

Back