How to tell rabbit's poops apart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theevenstarlight

Reaction score
Hello, I have four rabbits, two are bonded and live together and so do the other two.

How can you tell the rabbit's poops apart? I have found some strung together with hair but am not sure who they belong to. I can't watch the buns 24/7 to see who pooped hairy poops in the litter box, so what do you do?

When we run into that....we really monitor hay intake and hydration. Do you offer unlimited hay? As far as telling their poops....that can be done. Would probably have to separate them for a few hours but knowing poop can be a window into the gut and overall health.

Randy

Yes, I definitely offer unlimited hay...in fact, it seems to somehow manage to get all over my house :)

I think I will try separating them and hope that they both poop in that time.

Thanks!

I wouldnt separate them if I were you, that could just stress them out and make things worse. Generally, I dont worry too much if I see some poops strung together like that. It happens from time to time.

I usually just watch the bunny to see if he/she is eating and drinking. Usually, I'll know someone is developing a GI problem by their behavior, before I even notice the poops being off. You'll either see him/her being less active, looking sort of sluggish or refusing food. You can also feel their bellies for any bloating or listen for gas noises (gurgling sound).

As long as everyone is active and eating normally I wouldnt worry too much :)

Latest posts

Back