How to tell rabbits apart.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pupertin

Reaction score
I found these babies by my trash area in a trash bag, for now their ears. Help me tell them apart, but the ones go down, I'm not sure how. I will any ideas how to if that happens?, also, any idea what breed they may be?.

Attachments

• 20220716_025553.jpg
    20220716_025553.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220716_025701.jpg
    20220716_025701.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220716_025706.jpg
    20220716_025706.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 0
They look like lop babies might be mixed lop because they are common to be mixed breeds. I would just weight the bunnies, check their gender and observe their personality. You can mark the ear if you want to tell them apart. I know breeders will mark their bunnies as to tell them apart before they get ear tattoes.

They look like lop babies might be mixed lop because they are common to be mixed breeds. I would just weight the bunnies, check their gender and observe their personality. You can mark the ear if you want to tell them apart. I know breeders will mark their bunnies as to tell them apart before they get ear tattoes.
They are female and the sweetest little things haven't named yet as all think is of name how will I know who's who lol

Marking their ear with a permanent marker is safe and stays on for a long time lol.
But after a little while, you will be able to tell them apart on small physical features and personalities, no problem.
Here's my favorite video to help identify rabbits' gender:

They are female and the sweetest little things haven't named yet as all think is of name how will I know who's who lol
I’m glad you found them and double check the gender when they get a little older as to make sure. Sometimes bucks get mistaken for girls when they are young.

You can later teach them to listen to their name. I have 4 bunnies and all listen to their name or will react when I mention them. When you get to know them better you will have it easier to see the difference between them. Specially when you learn their habits and personality ☺️

I found these babies by my trash area in a trash bag, for now their ears. Help me tell them apart, but the ones go down, I'm not sure how. I will any ideas how to if that happens?, also, any idea what breed they may be?
They are SO cute. 🥰 You should be able to tell them apart in awhile\ little while. How old are they? (Or, what do you think? don't blame you if you don't know)😉

I found these babies by my trash area in a trash bag, for now their ears. Help me tell them apart, but the ones go down, I'm not sure how. I will any ideas how to if that happens?, also, any idea what breed they may be?.
They look like lop babies as @Hermelin said. They look just like my rabbit, he is a holland lop mix, That could be what your buns are....

They are really cute, what a lovely find. One ear up can be a symptom of ear infection but can go away by itself and may not necessarily need a vet.

Latest posts

Back