how to tell a bloody urine or not?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
one of my friends found her rabbit has a red urine it's light red and looks like blood. So how could she tell if it is a blood urine?here's a picture (i hope it is visible this time)
65de9822720e0cf346c9c1230b46f21fbf09aabd.jpg
THANKS a lot for any answers!

I've attached a picture of blood stained pee. This was the first indication that something was very wrong with my rabbit. She was rescued from a shelter so I had no information on her. Turns out she had uterine cancer. She was spayed and the cancer had not metastasized. We were exceedingly fortunate.

DSC00737.jpg

You could try putting some hydrogen peroxide on it. If there is blood, it should fizzle (like it you put it on the cut). It is probably better if it is fresh pee.

The urine can vary from clear to a reddish colour and still be normal. A lot can depend on diet.

You could try putting some hydrogen peroxide on it. If there is blood, it should fizzle (like it you put it on the cut). It is probably better if it is fresh pee.

The urine can vary from clear to a reddish colour and still be normal. A lot can depend on diet.

thank you ! i will tell my friend .i think it will work:)

I've attached a picture of blood stained pee. This was the first indication that something was very wrong with my rabbit. She was rescued from a shelter so I had no information on her. Turns out she had uterine cancer. She was spayed and the cancer had not metastasized. We were exceedingly fortunate.

thank you ! i can hardly find pictures of bloody urine on the internet.hope everything goes well with your bunny:)

Latest posts

Back