How to Register my bunny as an ESA?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Wrider

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've actually been considering this for a while, but in the face of my upcoming life changes, it's a good idea to act on it. Quinley has always been a source of calm for me, and she behaves well, is always very gentle, if not a bit demanding with me for attention. Since I'm going to have her as a single rabbit, I would like to look into resources for making her an Emotional Support Animal.

Does anyone have any experience with a rabbit ESA? What channels or registrars would you recommend? I'm already talking to my therapist about a letter. I just really need more info.

I have a question. Are you seeking to have her deemed an emotional support animal so that you can take her into public places? If so, what types of environments?

Rabbits, being prey animals and not being social in the manner of humans and dogs can be at significant risk when taken into public places. It is often a major stress on them, and if a dog shows up, it can be a matter of seconds before the rabbit is killed or injured. These days, where I live, dogs are turning up everywhere, even in upscale department stores.

If you are seeking to have her deemed emotional support animal so you can have her in rental housing, that would be A-OK. I think your therapist would be the best resource for how to do that in the area that you live.

I have a question. Are you seeking to have her deemed an emotional support animal so that you can take her into public places? If so, what types of environments?

Rabbits, being prey animals and not being social in the manner of humans and dogs can be at significant risk when taken into public places. It is often a major stress on them, and if a dog shows up, it can be a matter of seconds before the rabbit is killed or injured. These days, where I live, dogs are turning up everywhere, even in upscale department stores.

If you are seeking to have her deemed emotional support animal so you can have her in rental housing, that would be A-OK. I think your therapist would be the best resource for how to do that in the area that you live.

ESA's can't go everywhere like a service animal and they typically are just pets with a little added certification... I think just about any psychiatrist can write that your pet is an ESA and therefore is except from rental rules that ban pets.

I take the best care of my bunny. She is pretty desensitized to everything, but it wouldn't be because I would like to take her into general stores with me. I need my emotional support most in my own home, and it's really difficult to find places in California that don't view rabbits as pests or charge a ridiculous deposit (even though I can provide evidence of her non destructive nature). I can't leave her behind, she's an integral part of my well being.

Latest posts

Back