How to Quarantine new rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavenderLopLover

Reaction score
I currently raise Holland lops and i currently keep all the bunnies in my families garage & in wooden hutches I'm wondering how do you quarantine new rabbits? Do you have exact cages for it? do you do any precautionary treatments?

It depends on why they’re being quarantined. When we got a new rabbit from a fellow breeder we’d put it close to the others but left an empty cage on either side. If we were quarantining a rabbit due to illness they were put in a separate area away from all our other rabbits. We had a cage inside we could use for that. After use the cage was disinfected/sanitized.

When I get new rabbits I keep them in a separate building from the rest of my rabbits for 30 days, to make sure they don't show symptoms of anything before moving them together. (This is usually the rabbits living indoors for that time, before moving out to the barn)

When I get new rabbits I keep them in a separate building from the rest of my rabbits for 30 days, to make sure they don't show symptoms of anything before moving them together. (This is usually the rabbits living indoors for that time, before moving out to the barn)
Would a hutch work if its quite far from the normal rabbitry? also do i need to quarantine my bunnies after showing I'm never 100 percent sure it seems like my bunnies wouldn't be able to be in the normal rabbitry alot if i did it every time i show.

Latest posts

Back