How to provide a space for wild bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myjordan

Reaction score
Hi! Recently I've noticed that there are 3-4 rabbits living in the bushes between mine and my neighbor's yard. My neighbor has kids and a dog so the rabbits often run around on my yard. I researched what is nutritious for them and planted some thyme, sage and wheatgrass in a little garden area, along with a bowl of water. I have never dealt with rabbits before, but I know to keep my distance from them. Anything I can do or change to improve this area? What is nutritious for them? Anything I should be aware of?

Hey I do the same for my wild rabbits in my area(well same with the birds and squirrels lol. Ill post a picture below. I don't grow greens though for them, i do give them left overs though if i have some i don't eat. What you can do if you want is buy the cheapest brand rabbit pellets you can, throw out like a cup a day for them all(spread it out, dont pile it up) some will eat it some wont. If you want to use a better brand feel free, it's just once it gets wet it turns to dust like material. This is why i say get the cheapest, it's like 10 bucks or less for a 10 pound bag in my area. Here is a link from chewies for a 25 pound bag for 10.
https://www.chewy.com/manna-pro-sma...Y5f26E1_LaEVadtFmsg0wrsCBW87bc8QaAgjnEALw_wcB
You can also buy timothy or orchard hay and leave some out.
If you want to plant more for them, kale(red is fine too), cilantro, watercress, dandelion greens, parsley, green/red lead lettuce, for some starters :) Very nice thing you are doing.20220629_141525.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back