How to measure pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old rabbit only eats pellets he’s about 1.5 kg just wondered how much he needs a day?
He only eats pellets? Does he have teeth problems? My rabbit is also around 1.5kg and gets 1/4 cup of pellets a day. If your rabbit is having a problem with chewing hay, try a softer hay, like meadow hay or 3rd cutting Timothy hay. Have you spoken to a vet about the diet that he should be getting?

Yes he sees vet every 6 weeks he has had most teeth removed due to his age. I grind his food and cut his greens finely too. I am trying to get him to eat clean grass from my garden too. I think if it comes to feeding by syringe that seems like force feeding to me. I will look for softer hay. I have had him 16 months he was abandoned. He’s never wanted hay despite me trying all the recommendations here.

Aw okay. Poor boy. It’s very sweet of you to take him in, when I’m sure many others would’ve over looked him. You should increase his pellets (1/2 cup or more) because it’ll be his main source of fibre. As well as the fresh grass, if he’ll eat it.

I am giving him 3/4 of a mug of pellets daily split in 4 feeds. He won’t eat anything else but these are Science Select pellets with high fibre content. He does nibble greens.

Attachments

• A1C97DF8-7B2B-4F0A-AF4E-588B656B6BC9.jpeg
    A1C97DF8-7B2B-4F0A-AF4E-588B656B6BC9.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 133E88CE-FC2B-40BF-A3C0-F5FA59954CCF.jpeg
    133E88CE-FC2B-40BF-A3C0-F5FA59954CCF.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 3
Sometimes I have sliced them finely so he can eat them easier. He’s ok in himself when he’s out of cage likes wandering around a lot. He doesn’t drink hardly but i
Think he’s getting water from the pellets that had been soaked but there’s water always there too. I try spray green with water too so he gets it that way when he eats any.he loves being cuddled and stroked and licks my hands a lot. Very tame must have been hand reared. Hi

Attachments

• 45B2D3BD-BEFA-4929-AE0E-044DCA635378.jpeg
    45B2D3BD-BEFA-4929-AE0E-044DCA635378.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 5
Sometimes I have sliced them finely so he can eat them easier. He’s ok in himself when he’s out of cage likes wandering around a lot. He doesn’t drink hardly but i
Think he’s getting water from the pellets that had been soaked but there’s water always there too. I try spray green with water too so he gets it that way when he eats any.he loves being cuddled and stroked and licks my hands a lot. Very tame must have been hand reared. Hi
Yeah so cute!
When my Guinea pig with no top tooth (he broke it) was having softened pellets and veg cut tiny he didn't drink much

Latest posts

Back