How to lower stress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A & B

Reaction score
Next Friday, I will be driving 3 hours round trip with Bugs to go on some bunny dates. I know the day is going to be stressful and I'm worried he will choose a girl he's not compatible with out of stress and needing the comfort at the moment but when we get her home, he will realize he doesn't like her. Can I give him a food or type of tea (?) to help with stress? Or is there any medicine my vet can give me to help him with his stress levels on that day?

I wouldn't introduce anything new to diet when stress is involved. That could just exacerbate the issue.

I've done the same length trip for bonding too. It is always a possibility that the bunnies will behave differently once home. That is why it is considered a "pre-screening for potential compatibility." Rescues understand this and will work with you. Just keep them up to date and informed if it seems there may be problems. (Good idea to speak with them while you're there and ask them for tips and what to look out for.)

On more than one occasion, I have had to exchange a potential bondmate because the original attempt did not work.

Latest posts

Back