Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I was wondering if it were possible to train my rabbit to stay off of my bed and if anyone has any tips on how to do so? My living situation doesn't allow me to keep my rabbit out of my bedroom so my bedroom is where she free roams. One of the only behavioral issues I have with her is her continuous need to mark my bed. I've tried everything to try and preserve my bedding and defer her from wanting to be on the bed. I've dabbed my bed with vinegar, I've spread out towels, and even bought a shower liner for the sole purpose of having a protective covering over my comforter, but she even pees on that. At this point is there any way to just keep her off the bed all together? It's a hassle to have to constantly clean up these messes and figure out ways to make sure my bed is somewhat protected from her when I'm away during the day. I would feel bad having to just keep her locked away all day when I'm out for class and work. I still want her to have free range of the room. Just not the bed. Any suggestions?

I have a few ideas you could try:

I taught all of my buns from when they were babies to not pee on the bed by putting a litter box on the bed when they were up there with me and it helped to reinforce the litter box idea. Keep reminding them to use it by placing them in there once in a while. Then when they were old enough they would jump down to use the box on their own.

If you just dont want her on your bed, it just takes time of teaching her and using a key word and putting her back on the ground. To reinforce this it would be best to not allow her to free roam near you bed because you wont be there to correct her behavior. Maybe block it off with an exercise pen.

I don't really think you can train them to stay off something they can reach, imho that's just not the way they think.
Other than blocking the bed with a low fence or pen, or making it higher by putting it on wooden blocks or bricks I wouldn't know what to do.

Colburn+High+Sleeper+Bed.jpg

Latest posts

Back