How to get rid of rabbit fur stuck deep in rug?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have an area rug that I use to cover the tile flooring in our rabbit area. We recently adopted Duke and I have been trying to find out his shedding and moulting pattern, I brushed him regularly but it seems that I should have brushed him more as his moulted fur has gotten stuck deeply into the fibres of our area rug. I vacuumed it and it still hasn't come out- eek?! We have a normal chorded Dyson Vacuum (although it is pretty old) and it isn't able to get rid of the fur stuck in the rug fibres. Lint rollers won't exactly be an option because the fur is stuck within the fibres and the roller will only take off the surface hair I assume?

Any ideas? The rug is vibrant pink, purple and white and you can see the brown fur stuck in it and it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING.

Thanks

Every two weeks I do a deep clean in my carpet - rubbing each part of the carpet out with my finger in circular motions, it takes a while and can hurt depending on how hard you do it but it always works for me. A handheld vacuum would probably work too though

The arm & hammer Pet Fresh powder works wonders. You sprinkle it on the carpet. Wait 15 minutes. Then vacuum. It doesn't seem like that would do much, but I've found it really does seem to get the fur out of the carpet (we also have a couple large dogs). Normal vacuuming doesn't seem to do it, but somehow there's a noticeable amount of fur coming up when I use the Pet Fresh first.

I also noticed a dramatic change later on when I bought a new vacuum. ;)

Latest posts

Back