How to get hay out of carpet???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zkeaton

Reaction score
we have carpet and yesterday i was refreshing all of her hay because i got her better quality hay and now she wont eat the one i first bought (donating at vett today :) ) and when i was replacing all the hay it made a huge mess and i was like okay whatever ill pick it up but the pieces are way too small to pick all up with my hands and the vacuum is litteraly pointless with hay so idk if i just have to live with it and pick it up by hand or if there is some secret or something... i ordered puzzle mats so this wouldnt happen but ups lost my package so i had to get a replacement and it wont be here til monday and my mom is gonna freak hen she sees the mess on my carpet that i cant get out... ITS EVERYWHERE

Do you have a lint roller? Or duct tape? Use that to pick up the little pieces of hay. It may be tedious, but that's how I've gotten smaller stuff off me (especially fur).

If you decide to look into a new vacuum, I got the Shark Navigator. It's pretty awesome and sucks up all the little pieces that I can't pick up with my hands.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...VsiCtBh3rPAj_EAQYAiABEgL3DvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use a lint roller because my rabbit has fleece bedding so I run into this issue with the applewood sticks he chews. Even a washing machine can’t get those wood chips out. A really strong vacuum may do the trick but those are expensive and an investment.

I personally use this lint roller because it’s very sticky.

Attachments

• 4F9FB620-80DE-4D76-BB89-BCDAA88FB88F.jpeg
    4F9FB620-80DE-4D76-BB89-BCDAA88FB88F.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2
Do you have a lint roller? Or duct tape? Use that to pick up the little pieces of hay. It may be tedious, but that's how I've gotten smaller stuff off me (especially fur).

If you decide to look into a new vacuum, I got the Shark Navigator. It's pretty awesome and sucks up all the little pieces that I can't pick up with my hands.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...VsiCtBh3rPAj_EAQYAiABEgL3DvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

we have 2 vacuums but neither work that well for carpet and since covid has been going on money is tight especially with Missy and all of her needs so getting a new vacuum isn't a very good option.. i ordered a $20 car vacuum that sucks up her little accidents.. that is the best i can do that. WAIT OMG WE HAVE THAT VACUUM ours is very very old and just kinda... poorly sweeps... ig is one way to say it haha i do have lint rollers being shipped and i will try it! we have duck tape too if that doesnt work! thank you for the ideas!

I use a lint roller because my rabbit has fleece bedding so I run into this issue with the applewood sticks he chews. Even a washing machine can’t get those wood chips out. A really strong vacuum may do the trick but those are expensive and an investment.

I personally use this lint roller because it’s very sticky.

omg this is genuis. ordered.

Latest posts

Back