How to get attention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugLady

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a technique Rascal has learned to get attention from Appledot! They are bonded, but more like roommates. They get along well, but any grooming is brief.

Whenever Appledot starts drinking from the water bottle, Rascal will put his head directly under the nozzle.

Appledot is persistent, and Rascal closes his eyes and basks in the "attention" he is getting as Appledot dribbles water on his head and licks the droplets off. He doesn't try to push her out of the way, just sits there.

Next time it happens, I'm going to try to get a video!

Do your buns have funny ways of getting attention from each other (or you?)

That is really adorable about your buns! How smart Rascal is!

Foo is alone, so to get my attention she will rattle the baby toy connectors she has hanging from her cage. She will also stand up and rattle the ones hanging from the top. lol Or if she is out of the cage, she will stand in front of the fridge and stare at it until I open it, then I get her some salad.

We are also a one bun house with two humans so Sherbotsky doesn't really have a shortage of attention. She has pieces of cardboard in her cage that are under her litter box and on her shelf (covered with a towel). She will sit on the cardboard and chew or grab the cardboard and then it will snap back down on the floor. It can get very loud if she's on her shelf! She also pushes on the door of her cage when she wants out and we're standing near the cage. In the morning when she's hungry she'll snap her cardboard or dig at it in short bursts that are very annoying. Usually around 8 or 9 am on the weekends when we're trying to sleep in :)

Haha these are all so cute!!
I just have the one bunny as well and as has free run of the house and sleeps on my bed.
Mookie decides, usually about 15minutes before my alarm goes off in the mornings that i should get up and play with her. she will lick my cheek till i wake up and run around me in circles and if i still don't get up she will jump on and off my back. Very cute way to wake up, though some mornings i would just prefer the sleep haha.

I have 6 and they all have various ways. Panda and Bunnicula have perfected their "I'm starving to death" begging looks with paws up on the NIC and noses pushed through as far as they can go. Becky and Gary are all for nose bonking, and Becky will nibble on my pants, then thump and turn her back on me if I don't respond quickly enough or she feels Gary is getting too much attention. Sophie will just launch herself onto my lap and Houdini has his silly hop and will tilt his head in the cutest way. If somebun is shut in their enclosure and doesn't want to be they will throw rattle or bell toys until I come open the door. Luckily the 4 upstairs play nice together so I just shut the door on the stairs and everybun can run safely at once.

Mine do not have any way that I have noticed. Shiny Things will ocasionally stand up with her paws resting on the open cage door so that I kiss her. Sometimes when she does this she is just looking around and not wanting any attention.

Oh, BugLady that is sooo sweeet and a little sad! Rascal just wants some bunny-love! I have two bonded buns, Sam and Teddy, neutered males. Teddy is the giver and Sam the receiver, but Teddy definitely wants more kisses from Sam. His efforts don't work, the shoving head under chin, smooshing faces. It ends with Teddy kissing Sam.

When hungry, Sam picks up their small ceramic food dish and drops it several times so it makes a thud. When we don't wake up soon enough, they come into the bedroom and nibble on boxes that makes a lot of noise. If that fails, they jump on the bed.

I would love to see a video of Appledot and Rascal!! Sounds adorbable.
Acacia is a single bunny. She un-hooks her hay rack and slams it against the litterbox sides for attention. Or, since her condo is at the end of the hall from our room she gets up on the top shelf and looks excited with perky ears when we wake up or go by to the bathroom.

Stitch is constantly sticking his head under Mumbles to try and get his attention. A couple days ago, I saw him stick his head under Mumbles' stomach and he ended up laying on top of him. It was the funniest thing. Stitch just laid there for about 2 minutes underneath Mumbles. I couldn't see his face at all.

Aww bug lady that is so cute!

I have a bonded pair that is together quite frequently now almost as one rabbit, haha, so they very rarely need to get each others attention :) Archie is more demanding with his grooming requests. He presents more to Agnes by lowering his head for grooming.

To get my attention they are both nudgers and nose bonkers :)

It's a littler hard to see, but I kind of caught a picture. Stitch put his face under Mumbles, but he decided to move some, which basically caused him to sit on Stitch's head. lol.

photodf_zps9a342156.jpg

I just wanted to share a technique Rascal has learned to get attention from Appledot! They are bonded, but more like roommates. They get along well, but any grooming is brief.

Whenever Appledot starts drinking from the water bottle, Rascal will put his head directly under the nozzle.

Appledot is persistent, and Rascal closes his eyes and basks in the "attention" he is getting as Appledot dribbles water on his head and licks the droplets off. He doesn't try to push her out of the way, just sits there.

Next time it happens, I'm going to try to get a video!

Do your buns have funny ways of getting attention from each other (or you?)

I remembered this thread and had to find it. Stitch is doing this to Mumbles now! To the point where Mumbles has difficulty drinking water at times. Stitch will bolt to the water bottle and just lay underneath Mumbles when he's drinking from the water bottle(I have a dish of water too, so I know he's still able to get water). It's so funny.

Latest posts

Back