How to find a good home for a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Hi

As the title say, I wonder how you manage to find good new home if you have to rehome a bunny.

What are you supposed to think of, questions to ask the new buyers and so on.

Can you say what homes you are searching for and stay in contact with them.

I’m not planning to rehome any of my bunnies, but if it turn up my two bucks can’t live together. I’ll be forced to rehome one of them, when I move out from my parents house and get my own apartment.

So I want to at least prepare if I’m forced to do it, which I’m hoping won’t happen in the future.

1. Have you owned rabbits before?

1. What are you housing them in? Could you send me a picture?

1. What should a rabbit’s diet consist of?

1. How much space does a rabbit need?

1. Do you plan to breed your rabbit(s)?

1. Do you own any other animals? If so what kind and will they be housed separately from the rabbit?

1. Do rabbits need baths?

1. How often do rabbits need their nails trimmed?

1. Do you know how to trim rabbits nails?

1. Do you know how to perform a health check to ensure your rabbit is in good condition?

1. Do you know what signs to look for when a rabbit is in need of immediate vet attention?

1. Do you have a rabbit-savvy vet in your area?

1. Will your rabbit be housed indoors or outdoors?

1. If housed outdoors, do you know how to prepare hutch/cage appropriately for the weather?

1. How often does a rabbit need to be with its owner?

1. How often does a rabbit need to run freely in a properly enclosed area outside with no way to escape?

1. How does a rabbit regulate its temperature? How can you see if a rabbit is too hot, too cold, or at a normal temperature?

1. What do you need to do if your rabbit has a small dirty spot on his fur, feet, or underside?

1. Do you know what breed, age, and sex of the rabbit you are getting?

1. Are you wanting rabbits for meat, or do you eat rabbit?

1. Do you have any experience with rabbits prior to purchasing this rabbit? If so, what was it?

1. What was your reasoning in wanting a rabbit?

1. Is there anything you do not know about rabbits that you would like to ask me?
These are the questions I ask every time I sell a rabbit, if the person seems unfit then you can say that you have decided to keep them and in your case say try to bond it with another one of your rabbits. Some of these have no right or wrong answer but it gives you a good judgment on if they know what they are doing. I also try to keep in contact with all of the buns I have sold.

If you are planning on moving in the near future, you may want to hold off on any re-homing until after that. The reason I suggest this is that when you move, you will have totally neutral territory. It is possible that between the stress of moving and the fact that they would both be moving into the space at the same time, that they may decide to get along then.

If you are planning on moving in the near future, you may want to hold off on any re-homing until after that. The reason I suggest this is that when you move, you will have totally neutral territory. It is possible that between the stress of moving and the fact that they would both be moving into the space at the same time, that they may decide to get along then.

I will be waiting, but wanted to just research if I’m forced to rehome one of my bucks. I already know which one of the bucks would be rehomed. He’s still not fully used with people, so he will first move out when he’s social and more safe around people.

But this will only happen if my bucks can’t be friends, because they will be free roaming the whole time when I get my own apartment.

I’m going to try to bond them together this summer and see how it goes.

1. Have you owned rabbits before?
  1. What are you housing them in? Could you send me a picture?
  1. What should a rabbit’s diet consist of?

1. How much space does a rabbit need?

1. Do you plan to breed your rabbit(s)?

1. Do you own any other animals? If so what kind and will they be housed separately from the rabbit?

1. Do rabbits need baths?

1. How often do rabbits need their nails trimmed?

1. Do you know how to trim rabbits nails?

1. Do you know how to perform a health check to ensure your rabbit is in good condition?

1. Do you know what signs to look for when a rabbit is in need of immediate vet attention?

1. Do you have a rabbit-savvy vet in your area?

1. Will your rabbit be housed indoors or outdoors?

1. If housed outdoors, do you know how to prepare hutch/cage appropriately for the weather?

1. How often does a rabbit need to be with its owner?

1. How often does a rabbit need to run freely in a properly enclosed area outside with no way to escape?

1. How does a rabbit regulate its temperature? How can you see if a rabbit is too hot, too cold, or at a normal temperature?

1. What do you need to do if your rabbit has a small dirty spot on his fur, feet, or underside?

1. Do you know what breed, age, and sex of the rabbit you are getting?

1. Are you wanting rabbits for meat, or do you eat rabbit?

1. Do you have any experience with rabbits prior to purchasing this rabbit? If so, what was it?

1. What was your reasoning in wanting a rabbit?

1. Is there anything you do not know about rabbits that you would like to ask me?
These are the questions I ask every time I sell a rabbit, if the person seems unfit then you can say that you have decided to keep them and in your case say try to bond it with another one of your rabbits. Some of these have no right or wrong answer but it gives you a good judgment on if they know what they are doing. I also try to keep in contact with all of the buns I have sold.

What they said.

Latest posts

Back