How to distinguish the difference between broken colorings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
I'm looking into purchasing a cream Holland Lop, however, she is a broken pattern with no color on her belly making it hard to distinguish shading and thus determining color. She is advertised as a broken cream, but she could easily be a broken blue tort as well! Her mother was a blue tort, and her father was a broken orange I believe. Is there some other way to determine color differences? I normally look at the belly color but this is not a possibility due to her pattern... Thanks!

Not sure if this helps, but in the past she has produced blue torts when paired with a black tort.

Look at her eyes and ears and nose. If she is a cream she'd still have visible white eye circles, white nostrils and white inside the ears (blue torts would not). Usually the creams don't have dark shading on the nose like a blue tort would, however hollands lops probably moreso than any other breed sometimes throw creams with some pretty dark smut that almost looks like shading.

Look at her eyes and ears and nose. If she is a cream she'd still have visible white eye circles, white nostrils and white inside the ears (blue torts would not). Usually the creams don't have dark shading on the nose like a blue tort would, however hollands lops probably moreso than any other breed sometimes throw creams with some pretty dark smut that almost looks like shading.
Thank you! This is the only picture I have received of her - she does have some dark smut around her hindquarters which threw me off, but her face shading reminds me of a cream...
Screenshot_20201014-110614.png

Latest posts

Back