How to disinfect cage when rabbit has mites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maki_p29

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently found out that my rabbit now has mites on her shoulder/back. I received medicine from the Vet to take care of things.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should disinfect her cage to make sure no other mites are present to reinfect her?

does Wiping things down with white vinegar help?

I plan to do a major cleaning of her area to try to prevent this from happening. Any knowledge or suggestions are welcome.

You can wipe it down with white vinegar . I often use both white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. I would then take her cage out of the house and allow it to sit in the sun (not on ground) for a day or so. Make sure any toys are not reused and that everything in the cage is clean.

Wash and dry any bedding. Do a complete litter box clean out. Throw out any old hay, cardboard, paper items, etc. And wipe down any hard surfaces with the vinegar/water. As long as your rabbit receives the correct treatment for mites and at the correct interval, it will usually clear up without issue.

Latest posts

Back