How to cool down a bunny in hot weather?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m unable to take louie out in the night because the vet advised me to keep him so he would stay away from dirty things. Is it okay for him to have a fan near his little hut? It’s rotating so it’s shooting air in different directions. How far should I put it from this hut?

A fan should only blow indirectly near your rabbit. That said, what to do when they choose to park themselves right in front of it. I had a rabbit that liked to lay herself right in front of the AC vent.

If he's hiding out in his hut, I wouldn't have the fan blowing directly in it, just nearby so he'll just get a bit of the outer edge of the current. And I would also use cold tiles and frozen water bottles to help keep him cool.

I purchased 2 granite chopping boards for about £3 each from b&m (its a cheap glorified pound shop/doller store) and they stay constantly cool for the monsters to lay on. Be cautious having windows open coz flies and insects will make a direct charge for the bunnys.

I purchased 2 granite chopping boards for about £3 each from b&m (its a cheap glorified pound shop/doller store) and they stay constantly cool for the monsters to lay on. Be cautious having windows open coz flies and insects will make a direct charge for the bunnys.

Yasss! A trick I used was to go to Lowe's or Home Depot or Menards, or whatever your local hardware/home store is and ask if they have any broken or damaged stone such as flooring tile, stone countertop remnants, etc. They generally can't sell them and regard them as trash, so a lot of times you can get them free or cheap!

Latest posts

Back