How to clean pet bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello, what are the proper ways to clean my pet bunny? thank you :~)
hello!
so rabbits DO NOT needs baths unless specified by a rabbit savvy vet because getting wet could cause harm to your rabbit. they are extremely heat/cold sensitive, so they could get hypothermia easily.
rabbits are extremely clean animals themselves as they groom regulary, so you won't need to do much usually.
it seems like your bunny has short hair from your profile pic, so this is what i'd recommend. combing 1 time a week with a good comb, such as the hairbuster. nail cutting should be done every 2-4 weeks and you have to be very careful when you do this as they have a vein in their nails that you dont want to cut! if your rabbit is in the process of shedding, i'd recommend combing everyday.
here is a video that could help-

i hope this could help!

hello!
so rabbits DO NOT needs baths unless specified by a rabbit savvy vet because getting wet could cause harm to your rabbit. they are extremely heat/cold sensitive, so they could get hypothermia easily.
rabbits are extremely clean animals themselves as they groom regulary, so you won't need to do much usually.
it seems like your bunny has short hair from your profile pic, so this is what i'd recommend. combing 1 time a week with a good comb, such as the hairbuster. nail cutting should be done every 2-4 weeks and you have to be very careful when you do this as they have a vein in their nails that you dont want to cut! if your rabbit is in the process of shedding, i'd recommend combing everyday.
here is a video that could help-

i hope this could help!

this is really really helpful!!! thank you so much :~)

If you're finding your rabbit is dirty, it may indicate either issues with your rabbit's health and/or the environment your rabbit is interacting in. As Odyssey mentions, healthy rabbits groom themselves and are very clean.

Latest posts

Back