How to Beat the Heat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_LongEared_Lover2931

Reaction score
There are lots of info on keeping rabbits cool but I was wondering what are the best method. My rabbit shed has a portable air condioner that keeps it in the 70s. But the promblem in there outside pen. They recently have just played in the basement or up stairs, but now I am buying a 10x10 dog pen for them all to play outside in. After they are fixed and bonded.

So how to keep cool?

-water bottel

-fan

How do you keep you rabbits cool in the hot summer months. Thanks.

I buy indoor square flooring tiles, I think they are slate, and put them in the freezer overnight(doesn't actually take that long to cool, maybe and hour). When it's starts getting warm out I put them on the floor for the bunnies. They spread out on them and stay nice and cool. I find the, easier then water bottles. I also have shades for them to block the sun.

I'm sure it gets A TON hottter in Tennessee than northern California, so you might need something more to keep them cool, but tiles might be a good start.

I have never tried a fan, but I think that would work well too.

The cool tiles sounds like a really good idea for the outside bunny run. Frozen bottles are good also for bunnies to snuggle up and keep cool.

Hope you post pics of your outside run.

K:)

Latest posts

Back