How should I punish biting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you consult with a nearby rescue wrt to best places for a wellness exam? With a knowledgeable DVM who speaks bunny language!

I understand that housing indoors is not possible with allergies, but my gut vibes wonder if there's a fear factor from staying in the outdoor hutch at night?
- What edikit said. Fear factor exacerbated by nocturnal and outdoor predators.

My praises for not rushing to return her to the shelter. Shelters get overloaded with surrendered rabbits, and as Nancy detailed, time and behaviorial reasons place the misunderstood companion pets on Death Row. My personal experiences can verify that a quick nip to a staff member's hand results in a trip to the euthanasia floor.

Understanding Your Rabbit - http://rabbitadvocates.org/careinfo/current/RabbitSpeak.pdf
I don't think it would be being scared about being out at night. She is honestly fearless. Except for my hands, apparently, those are terrifying compared to a lawnmower. She actually doesn't even move when we mow the backyard near their cage. She's an odd one.
I sincerely wish that she could be housed inside, but the other bunny would then be alone since he could never be an inside bunny, he has way too much energy.

I'm going to look again, but yesterday, I couldn't find any vets that are 1 in my budget and 2 that would take her. The place she got spayed was cheap, but they obviously don't know a thing about bunnies. My poor girl got sent home right after her spay with only one pain killer after she woke up. Didn't get sent home with any.
I'll check again, and hope for the best! Thank you!

My poor girl got sent home right after her spay with only one pain killer after she woke up. Didn't get sent home with any.
I'll check again, and hope for the best! Thank you!
Rabbits have a higher tolerance for pain than people do. They don't always need pain medication. I had a rabbit that was spayed and I had to confine her because she was running and jumping, and having a great time as soon as she got home. I was worried that she was going to rip her stitches out. One vet told me that he doesn't like to give rabbits pain medication unless they really need it because they tend to be a bit calmer with some pain. It depends on the surgery. If the surgery was difficult, then pain medication is needed.

Rabbits have a higher tolerance for pain than people do. They don't always need pain medication. I had a rabbit that was spayed and I had to confine her because she was running and jumping, and having a great time as soon as she got home. I was worried that she was going to rip her stitches out. One vet told me that he doesn't like to give rabbits pain medication unless they really need it because they tend to be a bit calmer with some pain. It depends on the surgery. If the surgery was difficult, then pain medication is needed.
She was obviously in pain. Poor thing. She didn't move for about 2 ½ days. Poor thing. The other bun though when he got neutered, they had to do almost the same procedure because he was still kind of young, and he was playing a day after.

Latest posts

Back