How Quick Can a Bunny Get Pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So about 2 days ago my female rabbit got out with our male (both about two years old). I was there when it happened and didn't realize they were both out until the boy began chasing the girl. The two were only together for about 20 seconds maybe before I split them up. From what I saw (my back was turned to them initially when they first found each other), the male didn't even fully mount the female. However, because I know rabbits like to work magic sometimes, I'm a bit on edge and wondering if I should have an emergency spay done on the female because we already have too many rabbits.

My question is: Do I have reason for concern? Even though they were only out for a very short period of time, is there still a chance that my female is pregnant? Is it rational to get an emergency spay done? Thanks.

Side note: I know it's important to spay rabbits regardless of pregnancy or not, I just don't have the right funds for that right now.

As you said, rabbits work miracles, and somehow get pregnant with no problem. But seeing as he barley mounted her, I would guess there wasn't enough time for them to breed, but just keep an eye on her. A two year old rabbit getting pregnant is not ideal haha, her hips have fused together at this point so if she is pregnant birth could be a struggle.
Just keep an eye out for pregnant behaviors, aggressiveness, nesting, mass eating, etc.

Latest posts

Back