How Old is Full Grown?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow-Moon

Reaction score
My lop eared bun was born the last week ofDecember according to the pet store. He had been neutered,but they couldn't tell me when that was.

How do I know how big he is going to get?

When do bunnies stop growing?

Thanks All!!! Sheri (and Bookworm)

I've been told by about 6 months they aregenerally as big as they are gonna get. My boys are almost 4months and they went to the vet last nite and he said they prolly won'tget alot bigger.

Rainbow-Moon wrote:
My lop eared bun was born the last week of Decemberaccording to the pet store. He had been neutered, but theycouldn't tell me when that was.

How do I know how big he is going to get?

When do bunnies stop growing?

When did you get your bunny?

If your bunny was born the last week ofdecember then it would be 4 or 5 months old. Bunnies shouldnt beneutered until they are AT LEAST 4 months old. I suggest at least 6months old but 4 months old is a little young for a mini lop becausethey are so small. And I highly doubt that a petstore would spend themoney for a neutering (neutering usually costs $100) though I am notsaying it couldnt happen, it is just very unlikely.

You should bring him toa rabbitsavvy vet and have him check your rabbit out too see if he has beenneutered yet.

If you have a Holland Lop then your rabbit will probably grow to be about 4 lbs.

If you have a Mini Lop then your rabbit might grow to 6 lbs.

The smaller breeds usually reach adulthood around 5-6 months.

~Amy :)

ayglnu13 wrote:
Rainbow-Moon wrote:
My lop eared bun was born the last week of Decemberaccording to the pet store. He had been neutered, but theycouldn't tell me when that was.
When did you get your bunny?
And I highly doubt that a petstore wouldspend the money for a neutering (neutering usually costs $100) though Iam not saying it couldnt happen, it is just very unlikely.
~Amy :)
I got him the first week of April this year I believe...

He cost me $99 so I think he IS nutered, otherwize he wouldn't have cost that much right?

I do plan on taking him to the vet soon, but I need to look into pet insurance first.

Sheri ( and Bookworm)

Rainbow-Moon wrote:
He cost me $99 so I think he IS nutered, otherwize he wouldn't have cost that much right?

Personally I have NEVER heard of a pet store selling a bunny that isalready neutered. How much do you think he weighs right now? $99 for arabbit is really expensive and the fact that they can’t produce any vetrecords doesn’t make the situation any better.

Also be careful with the pet insurance thing, I have heard of a lot of"Pet insurance Scams" I am not saying that it is bad or anything, youjust need to keep an eye out for those out to rip you off.

~Amy

*"He cost me $99 so I think he IS nutered, otherwize he wouldn't have cost that much right? "*

No thisis noindication he has been neutered, go back to the pet store andask for his neiter papers , Ihave seen unspayed , un neutered rabbitshere in pet store for$119.00 for a minirex. for that price and nopaper work i left it there ,broke my heart too buti did because it wasoutragious pricing.

I agree about the neutered bunny dilema.... iwould think it would be very rare for a petstore to sell their bunniesalready neutered, unless of course it's actually older then they statedand was already neutered when it was originally brought into thepetstore..... that could just be my paranoid, suspicious mind at workagain, but to me it just doesnt add up.

Latest posts

Back