How often should I wash my rabbits bedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
I’ve officially had Arlo for 3 weeks! He’s two months old. On the bottom of his playpen he has puzzle mats and a fleece blanket over it. I was wondering how often I should wash his bedding? And what laundry detergent would be safe? Should I hand-wash it?

I can’t say I’ve heard or read of a specific time to clean, but from personal experience I keep 2-3 fleece blankets for a rotation so if they are ever soiled I can get them cleaned but they still have one. I still typically throw them in every week to week and a half just to ensure they don’t smell. Make sure your detergent doesn’t have any heavy fragrances as they can cause irritation, I generally just use a free and clear detergent with no softener or fabric sheets!

I can’t say I’ve heard or read of a specific time to clean, but from personal experience I keep 2-3 fleece blankets for a rotation so if they are ever soiled I can get them cleaned but they still have one. I still typically throw them in every week to week and a half just to ensure they don’t smell. Make sure your detergent doesn’t have any heavy fragrances as they can cause irritation, I generally just use a free and clear detergent with no softener or fabric sheets!
I use these laundry pods for my own clothes. Would this be safe to use to wash Arlo’s bedding?

Attachments

• EFCC1FCE-556A-480E-A08F-946C85A4AACC.png
    EFCC1FCE-556A-480E-A08F-946C85A4AACC.png
    516.3 KB · Views: 5
LoL I've been into diy almost everything for the past 4 years. I make my own laundry soap. Made with all organic ingredients. In the dryer I use wool balls and wet cloths dipped in white vinegar for a softener.

I’ve officially had Arlo for 3 weeks! He’s two months old. On the bottom of his playpen he has puzzle mats and a fleece blanket over it. I was wondering how often I should wash his bedding? And what laundry detergent would be safe? Should I hand-wash it?
I would do it once a week at least, I do it about every 4-5 days, I soak it in white vinegar and water mix for about 3 hours then wash it with soiled pushed all the way up and rinse it 3-4 times, if it still smells I wash it again, then throw into the dryer on low heat, hope that helps :)

I would do it once a week at least, I do it about every 4-5 days, I soak it in white vinegar and water mix for about 3 hours then wash it with soiled pushed all the way up and rinse it 3-4 times, if it still smells I wash it again, then throw into the dryer on low heat, hope that helps :)
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back