How much would you pay for a rescue???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apebull wrote:
I have found this cutest lil Lop that I would like Twigs to meet, but the rescue charges $75 to adopt a bunny. I have no idea if this is a lot or not. I know this rescue is in LA and everything is expense there, but that just seems like too much.

So how much did/would you pay for a rescue???

Here's her link so you all can see the cuteness: http://www.bunspace.com/shelter/adoptable_photos?bunid=6535
I got a bonded pair from a rescue in San Diego. They charged $45 per rabbit BUT requested additional donation to cover neuter $45, or spay $90.
So a male would really be $90 and a female $135.

They were the most pricey I've paid ($225 for the pair), but I was ok with it because it worked out that they ended up dropping them off here in AZ.

So, in short, for California, it's a good price!

The local rabbit rescue and humane society have all their buns at $80. Perfectly normal and an awesome deal.

I just adopted my new two from the Ventura County animal shelter and they were $50 and came neutered. The two I had previously came from LA city and county shelters and were each $25 but that was 6 years ago and I believe both are up to at least $50 now.

$75 is definitely a good price and certainly cheaper than you could get a spay done for around these parts.

At the Humane Society here in Edmonton rabbits are $60 to adopt which includes spaying/neutering.

I got my bunny from a co-worker for free but recently shelled out $290 to have him neutered!

If she's fixed, socialized, trained, etc. like LakeCondo said, its really worth it! If she wasn't fix, i'd say thats a little pricey...

Pretty much any rescue is a good deal financially compared to getting all the vet stuff done yourself. With a spay being $300+ around here and the humane societies charging about $50, it is a significant savings. Even at $100 for a bunny it would still be worth it.

our hrs charges around $85 for a bunny so i think $75 is a great deal!! plus, it's in la where everything is super expensive. plus number 2, she's a cutie patootie!!!

WOW! You can get spayed/neutered rabbits for less than 80$? I wish I lived where you guys live now...
Up here, at the province rabbit rescue, it's 150$ for an altered rabbit that is vet checked and in foster care (nothing else is included), at the local small animal rescue it's 30$ with a vet check, cage, bedding, toys, food, and hay, and 50$ at the local Humane Society for a vet checked and mite treated rabbit (nothing else is included).
It also costs around 60-100$ for altering of the rabbit. What you guys pay is decently less compared to that.

Latest posts

Back