how much should my bunny weigh?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mygrl2k3

Reaction score
Someone said by Luv's picture she lookes like asilver martin netherland. How much should she weigh. I found a batteryfor my scale and if i could just find where the scale went i could gether weighed and have a idea on much she weighs. Sometimes ihave to tell my 4 yr old son tyler its not time to feed her yet. hesee's empty bowl and wants to feed her. He don't quiteunderstand why not to fill the bowl.

Cristy

Could you post the photo on this thread?I don't think I saw it. Proper weight depends on theindividual. For show purposes, a Netherland Dwarf can't weighover 2 1/2 lbs., but some rabbits are built larger (orsmaller). A rabbit shouldn't feel boney, nor too fat.

Pam

If u scroll down probably on the sec page by nowsince this place moves so fast. Not complaining. There is Luv'spicture. I am a computer dummy my friend Tad put it on there. dont askme to try it again. I don't want to get upset haha.She's a really cutie and knows it!!!! :D

Cristy

Thanks Carolyn for putting her picture up forme. I weighed myself and then her and me and according to myscale she weighs 7 lbs. It was a old battery so i want to get a new onesoon to double check that.

Cristy

HI!

My Pepper weighs 3 pounds,we weighted him on our scale athome and when we get his nails clipped at the vet,we have him weightedat the vet and he weighs 3 pounds on that scale also.He is a year oldand he is a netherland dwarf.Is his weight good and I was wondering ishe still going to grow or is he pretty much going to stay the samesize.I know the last time we took him to the vet to get hisnails clipped,the vet said he was at a good weight.

How can you guys get your buns to sit still on ascale? When Megan out of her cage, she knows she's free lol. She won'tsit still for nothing.

We have a baby scale that sits on the counter andwe just plop them on it. I meant to tell you that Maggie looks so sweetbut her eyes look a little devilish when she wants to be. No wonder youlove her so much

Yes her nickname is Devil Rabbit..... lol. All wehave here is a human scale that she'd never sit on long enough to seehow much she weighs...lol. But, guessing from just holding her, I'd sayshe's 3lbs???

I weighed myself and then me and her. I gained a little weight. No wonder the scale was hid haha.

Cristy

Carolyn wrote:
Here she is, Pam.

Thanks Carolyn!

She looks like a blue silver marten. If she has a littletan behind her neck, then she's a blue otter. If you blowinto the coat and there is some orangish underneath and she is notbluish to the skin, then she's an opal.

What the heck is that big pillow under her chin?LOL I'd actually have to look at her in person toevaluate her weight and condition. How old is she?

Pam

I had to show your response to my husband BUgabooII has tan behind her neck and we thought the poor thing got stainedsome how. We even tried to scrub it off. Now I feel so bad. So she is ablue otter martin. We had to laugh at ourselves and we do owe BUg anapology.

I got her a few months ago and they said she wasthree years old. They fixed her before i got her. There's no pillow onher lol.She is big boned lol. I will have to trylooking at her skin like someone said.

Cristy

bunty wrote:
I hadto show your response to my husband BUgaboo II has tan behind her neckand we thought the poor thing got stained some how. We even tried toscrub it off. Now I feel so bad. So she is a blue otter martin. We hadto laugh at ourselves and we do owe BUg an apology.

Oh no -- poor bunny LOL She would be blue otter(Ifher body is blue,white belly andtantriangle behind the ears. Would also have a littletanunder the nose)-- it can't have the tan triangleand be a martin of any kind :)

Pam

Luv's tummy is primary white mixed with thegray. I found her a cool alien stuff animal for herto play with. Looks like she is actully paying some attention to it.Never touched the mouse.

Cristy

You should feel the ribs, but they shouldn't stickout. Just a very little padding on the ribcage. If you can't feel ribs,she could probably stand to lose a bit.

Rose

Cant feel her ribs so i would say for sure shecould lose some weight. Its hard for me to call if that underher chin is white or tan. I would say more like a offish white. She hastoo much fur to see her skin but if i had to take a guess at whatlittle i get, i would say its orange. Are both the breedsmentioned big breeds? I should be getting out tomorrow andgetting the timothy hay and some shampoo to clean her bottom.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back