how much should a giant conti weigh at 12 weeks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
j0292 wrote:
bunnieshaven, they are both BEAUTIFUL! I havent been online for a while, im glad I got your PM!
bunnieshaven, I think your conti doe looks normal to me ^-^, beautiful and fluffy!
do you know how much they both weigh? I think someone on here with more exp, and people who helped me would be more adequate to answer this question!

heres some more updates of her, she hads grown ALOT since those last photos -

shes not put on a major amount of weight, only up at 13lbs (at 7 and a half months), still eats like a pig, but, size wise, she is BIG. even using two hands, its difficult to carry her! still, her full dark steel coat hasnt come through, just waiting for that to come! she's going to be spayed this time next month too!

jpd64l.jpg

30jn48x.jpg

Oh my gosh J hasn't she come on beautiful! 13lbs dosen't seem a bad weight for seven months to me. Some one has said Contis can grow up to the age of 18 months! , and , if that isright? (can any oneany confirm that please),then they go on and fill outalso , so you never know kid she may end up carrying you lol, seeing as you say shes already grown to where you find it diffucultto carry her :D

Sandy x

Bunnieshaven wrote:
j0292 wrote:
bunnieshaven, they are both BEAUTIFUL! I havent been online for a while, im glad I got your PM!
bunnieshaven, I think your conti doe looks normal to me ^-^, beautiful and fluffy!
do you know how much they both weigh? I think someone on here with more exp, and people who helped me would be more adequate to answer this question!

heres some more updates of her, she hads grown ALOT since those last photos -

shes not put on a major amount of weight, only up at 13lbs (at 7 and a half months), still eats like a pig, but, size wise, she is BIG. even using two hands, its difficult to carry her! still, her full dark steel coat hasnt come through, just waiting for that to come! she's going to be spayed this time next month too!

jpd64l.jpg

30jn48x.jpg

Oh my gosh J hasn't she come on beautiful! 13lbs dosen't seem a bad weight for seven months to me. Some one has said Contis can grow up to the age of 18 months! , and , if that isright? (can any oneany confirm that please),then they go on and fill outalso , so you never know kid she may end up carrying you lol, seeing as you say shes already grown to where you find it diffucultto carry her :D

Sandy x

J. Have you tried feeding a few"Barley Rings" ? (concerning her coat condition,as you say her full dark steel coat hasnt come through. Billy , our Conti giant ,his coathas improved 100% since I 've added a few daily to his rabbit mix.

Sandy x

Hi, Several weeks ago I put a deposit down to reserve a female giant continental probably when they were just a few weeks old. However, I was told a few weeks ago that several of the kits became ill and a few died. In total 6 of 12 died. The breeder days that the girl I reserved is doing well and putting on weight each day. She is 8 and a half weeks old and weighs 1.3kg, which is about 2.8lbs. I am told that she is behind due to the illness, but the vet says it is ok. Should I be concerned at this weight? Would you advise me to go ahead or pull out if you were in the same situation?
Thanks in advance for your help.

This is an old thread. Please start your own thread with your question. You are more likely to get the answer you need, and tacking a new post on an old thread can cause some confusion for people trying to answer.

Latest posts

Back