How much on average does it cost to get a rabbit neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
I have a bunny and I really want to get a new buddy for her but she isn’t spayed yet and I haven’t found any good prices for spaying bunnies. The lowest I’ve gotten is around $400. Is that a regular price to get them spayed or is it over priced. I would appreciate if you could tell me good vets in Washington county MN That do spaying and neutering too so I could look at some of those. My bunny right now seems really lonely and I don’t want her to be lonely for long. Please help, I would really appreciate it.

Google "rabbit rescues" in your state and call or email them for a vet reference. They will know which vets are truly rabbit savvy. You'll want a very experienced vet to do the surgery. Then you can see if any of their recommended vets have better prices. (in my area, spays run around $250)

You can contact Rabbit Rescue of Minnesota for recommendations on places to have your rabbit spayed. I wish I had. I don't regret having it done though, my rabbits are now a bonded pair and they are so happy together!

Another rescue who could share input on qualified, savvy DVMs is Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society. Animal Humane Society near MPS may have suggestions also? I have not googled on your city location yet.

Yup, what Blue Eyes said. You want a qualified DVM. Our rescue clan prices have ranged in the $300s for a spay. Pre-op CBC/BMP to check for blood-clotting, hydration, Kidney & Liver function, allows extra peace of mind. A decent bedside manner helps! DVM and CVT staff who speaks bunny and understands stress levels.

We never regret any of the costs paid to have a boy or girl sp/eutered. I observed a humane society spay in early 2000 of a netherland dwarf. Not the same level of care, but the nethie dwarf did alright.

I got Theo neutered at the local Spay and Neuter Facility. It was only $50, they also picked him up from my house and brought him back.

I got Willa spayed for about $90, I had to call around a lot to find a rabbit savvy vet, as the one we used to go to moved to a different city, but I found her very streamlined, clear, and able to easily answer all of my questions!

Near where i live the vet who is moderately knowledgeable about rabbits last charged 48€for Musti's neuter when we went in and females were 75€ i believe.

Thank you all for your answers but me and my mom found a spay and neuter assistance program that will spay her for 70$ so I can’t wait for her to be spayed so I can get my new little bun to hang out with her. Of course I’ll have to bond them but Hermione grew up with another bun, they had another for sale when I got her but I didn’t think about getting another bunny for her back then. So I am getting a bunny a little after she is spayed and then I will bond them and Hermione will hopefully not be lonely while sleeping under my bed.

Wow...all those prices are so reasonable.
I live just north of Seattle, WA... I was quoted a price of $480 - $500 to get my female spayed. I started looking around and found Seattle Human Society does it for $90.
I wish I had gone to the humane society. I feel robbed after seeing some of these prices! I paid $600 total to get both my buns fixed. Shame on me.

Dad allowed me to get a gf for Storm so we're prepping for that. I plan on taking a time to fix them both at once so it would be easier. He'd get time to calm his hormones and the girl would get time to heal from her spay. It would cost us 120€ for both. Acclrding to the prices on the vet page at least. He would be 45 and she would be 75€ for their surgeries.

If someone could help me with a question that i have. Storm has turned 4mths old so he is technically old enough for the neuter but his "male hormones" haven't kicked out yet. If i get him fixed before they do, they'll most likely never come, right? Or would it be better for me to wait until they do? Same question for the female that we'll hopefully be having soon.

Latest posts

Back