How much nutri-cal to feed a dwarf bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently acquired a very thin five yeat old dwarf from a breeder and have tried to get her to eat anything, other than a hamburger. She's drinking water, but just today didn't have anything to eat, so I'm going to give her some nutri-cal until her appointment. Any idea on how much I should be giving her a day? I've been giving her small blobs of it, about the size of a pea, every few hours to get her used to it and some nutrients into her. She was eating very little the past couple days that we had her, but it's been tapering down the past day or so.

Hamburger? Please explain this? I just read the ingredients for the nutri-cal and I don't think you should be giving this. And if you are the one that offered the hamburger it should have never been offered, rabbits are vegetarians. Have you tried hay or pellets, what was she eating at the breeder's? The breeder should have given you some transfer food. Critical care is what is normally given. You should go ahead and order this or ask your vet about it. If your appointment is anytime other than as soon as the vet opens you NEED to take her in immediately as not eating IS AN EMERGENCY!!! Literally you can try banana, carrots, blueberries, romaine lettuce, just something to get her to eat but try pellets and hay first. Oh and something you need to go get tonight is baby gas drops and give her some TONIGHT!

Latest posts

Back