How much is a neuter in your area?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
In New York, I haven't found for cheaper than $250 but most are between $400 and $700. I was always told the max range is really $250 and then it varies from there. Why is New York so expensive?

Cost of living in general is much higher in New York than many other states (particularly southern states). I live in Texas and paid nearly $500 for 2 spays and I've heard $400+ more than once from people who live in your state. If you're trying to save some money, your best bet is to pick up the phone - call any shelters and rescues in your vicinity that deal with rabbits and ask if they can refer you to anyone who does lower-cost spay/neuter surgery for rabbits (most lower-cost programs are just for cats and dogs, so don't expect helpful results on your first phone call).

My male's neuter was $180 but I was quoted somewhere around $215. I'm from Iowa.

One local vet charges $82 for spay and $62 for neuter. Other local vets are over $100 for both. I'm in Kentucky. My local low-cost spay/neuter does both for $45.

Cost me about $120 for the surgery, 4 days of pain meds, pre-neuter health screen, and 1 day of hospital care when I got it done for my male a couple years back.

Latest posts

Back